Please recommend me a Muesli.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
i used to buy a certain supermarkets own,it was i am sure the floor sweeping of a woodwork shop.

presta

Guru
It's All-Bran that's like sawdust, and Shredded Wheat like straw. That said, much of it's about habituation, brown bread seemed a bit coarse when I was used to white, but now I eat brown, white seems horrible. Same with milk, skimmed was foul when I used full fat, now full fat seems foul when I'm used to skimmed.

simongt

Guru
Same with milk, skimmed was foul when I used full fat, now full fat seems foul when I'm used to skimmed.
Many years back, we went to a newly opened farm for a look round; see the animals, take a walk through the woods etc..
Finished with a Dorset cream tea where the milk, being from the farm ( of course - ! ) was VERY full fat. It was almost like single cream which didn't do a lot for the taste of the tea in our view as we were, by them, getting used to semi skimmed milk - ! :eek:

albion

Guru
i used to buy a certain supermarkets own,it was i am sure the floor sweeping of a woodwork shop.

At a guess, Asda.
I recall just once buying their 'basic' loaf which felt like it used milked flour dust.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Aldi specially selected really nutty muesli is very good, as is their similarly named granola. I tend to eat a huge bowl of the stuff before rides.

vickster

Legendary Member
I like my porridge with whatever stewed fruit I have. At the minute it's Victoria plums as they've just appeared in the shops. It won't be long before the blackberries are ripe.

I’ve had two ice cream tubs of blackberries out of my garden already. Once benefit of being a very lax maintainer of the garden!!
The first haul. Filled that and took to my sil to make vodka based liqueur

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom