Please recommend me a Muesli.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got tired of cutting my mouth on dried banana so I now make my own. I use porridge oats, dried mixed fruit and brown sugar.

Couple of years back I cracked off part of a bridge whilst chewing on some muesli, the dried banana being the culprit. Had an expensive visit to the dentist putting that right :sad:

PS - Since this incident, I make up my own muesli, surprisingly easy after a bit of practice.

presta

Guru
When I'm at home I eat porridge in winter and Weetabix in summer. I only buy muesli when I'm travelling, because it's more compact to carry.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Muesli isn't really healthy unless you make it yourself and omit sugar and go easy on very sugary items. Eating a bowl of muesli from the supermarket is like eating a bowl of sugary cereal or its even more sugary.
Porridge is better for you or weetabix/ eggs etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Muesli isn't really healthy unless you make it yourself and omit sugar and go easy on very sugary items. Eating a bowl of muesli from the supermarket is like eating a bowl of sugary cereal or its even more sugary.
Porridge is better for you or weetabix/ eggs etc.

I buy no added sugar, the sugar comes from the grains and dried fruit only. Waitrose the best as they don't put those foul dates in!!

richardfm

Veteran
I buy no added sugar, the sugar comes from the grains and dried fruit only. Waitrose the best as they don't put those foul dates in!!

It can still contain a lot of sugar.

presta

Guru
Muesli isn't really healthy unless you make it yourself and omit sugar and go easy on very sugary items.

Dorset Cereals muesli has no added sugar, and you can get one without fruit either if you want it. The reason I buy it is that it's not sickly and full of sugar like the rest.

Top Bottom