Planet x

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Thank you I'm 5"10 and weigh 12 / 8
this does seem to tick all the boxes, have you guys ever been to their show room in Sheffield ?

No but I have been to the one in barnsley a few years ago, one thing I did notice is that some stuff was priced higher in the shop than it was on the website. I bought some socks and they were more expensive than on the website, I dont know if they still do that but that sort of thing bugs me.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've got a SRAM Pro-carbon, though I went for Rival rather than Force because it took a wider range cassette
Blimey, how big range did you need? I bought my carbon form PX & opted for SRAM Force over Shimano & prefer it, but my cassette on the Force drivetrain is 11-32 ^_^

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
know this sounds really thick but I have a Defy 4 and dont know what my cassette is....any idea what they come as standard ???

Soltydog

Legendary Member
know this sounds really thick but I have a Defy 4 and dont know what my cassette is....any idea what they come as standard ???
SRAM-PG-1130-11-Speed-Cassette-Cassettes-And-Freewheels-00-2418-052-000.jpg

Most bikes have them as standard :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Blimey, how big range did you need? I bought my carbon form PX & opted for SRAM Force over Shimano & prefer it, but my cassette on the Force drivetrain is 11-32 ^_^
It is only 2 years after buying it that I learn Force will also take 11-32, which is what I have too.:wacko:

I don't rightly remember but I think that the Force buying options didn't go up to 32, so I assumed the cage wasn't long enough.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
It is only 2 years after buying it that I learn Force will also take 11-32, which is what I have too.:wacko:

I don't rightly remember but I think that the Force buying options didn't go up to 32, so I assumed the cage wasn't long enough.

Maybe it does need a medium cage? Mine's at least 18 months old now & tbh I rarely use the bigger rings on the cassette.
Just had a quick look at SRAMs website & they do a 11-36 cassette too now https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/pg-1170-cassette :smile:, run that on a compact & it'd be like a mtb gear :laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thank you I'm 5"10 and weigh 12 / 8
this does seem to tick all the boxes, have you guys ever been to their show room in Sheffield ?

I'm an inch taller than you and I got the large size with SRAM Rival a couple of years ago for £750 which was an absolute bargain for what you get. Took a punt on the sizing and purchased online as the showroom's over 4hrs away from me - it turned out to be a perfect fit for me.

As to which kit is best - it's the one you get on with and for me that was SRAM.

Crandoggler

Apparently it's a bit of a shoot frame. But I've never ridden one

Pro carbon is supposed to be excellent, and I'd choose SRAM apex over many shimano groupsets. Force will be absolutely faultless no doubt.

Top Bottom