Planet x

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've never had an issue with the SRAM BB...although my Genesis build has a Hope BB with the SRAM groupset (mainly as I didn't know what I needed or what I had!)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have a PX Pro Carbon but have the Ultegra group set. I had the choice of SRAM but have never used it so stuck with Shimano. I know lots of people love SRAM though. They are a great bike, especially at that price point. I've had mine 2 years now and love it as much as I did the day I got it.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Very interesting, love the difference of opinions, as for the bright coloured Pro Carbon's....I hate them !
I have a white Pro carbon btw. 16 months old roughly. It is, as others have said a great bike for not much money.(in the big scheme of things of course)
Hope you choose soon and start to enjoy. Good luck!

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
I recon I'm going to Sheffield on Saturday morning, albeit a good price its still an investment and I really appreciate your guys advice ?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPFOR22/planet-x-pro-carbon-sram-force-11-road-bike

now I've got stress on, how would I know what size of everything I need ? if I go in to their showrooms will they measure me up ?
which of the kit is the best, Fulcrum, Compag, Shimano etc wheels ?

I found that the size of their frames where either side of the size of my current bike, if I was going there again I would either take all the measurements of my current bike or take my bike with me to compare the size with what they have.

vickster

Legendary Member
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXSLPFOR22/planet-x-pro-carbon-sram-force-11-road-bike

now I've got stress on, how would I know what size of everything I need ? if I go in to their showrooms will they measure me up ?
which of the kit is the best, Fulcrum, Compag, Shimano etc wheels ?
At equivalent price points, for wheels,they are generally much of a muchness and its horses for courses based on preference. You hear good and bad on all makes and wheels. One thing to perhaps consider is your weight? How heavy are you?

Fulcrum wheels are made by Campag and there is an equivalent/corresponding model in each range.

Yes, they should advise on sizing..
One thing if you can go on a weekday the shop will be less busy and thus, in my experience you'll get more attentive service. If not, go early, I.e. Be there when they open :smile:

How tall are you, what's your inside leg? As they build to order, I'd make sure they measure your shoulders to get the right width bars

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've got a SRAM Pro-carbon, though I went for Rival rather than Force because it took a wider range cassette (I'm not overweight, just underpowered and need lower gears to get up hills). I had no difficulty adjusting from Shimano to SRAM. Well, as soon as I've remembered which bike I'm on.....

I think it's a good bike that really wants to be ridden harder than I can ride it. And it was priced at £1000 2 years ago so it also looks a very good price.

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
Thank you I'm 5"10 and weigh 12 / 8
this does seem to tick all the boxes, have you guys ever been to their show room in Sheffield ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you I'm 5"10 and weigh 12 / 8
this does seem to tick all the boxes, have you guys ever been to their show room in Sheffield ?
Not me no, I'm near London and bought online. But bike shops are always busier at weekends, especially in the season :smile:

Top Bottom