Paris Olympics - opening ceremony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's propper wet now. Hats off to the performers

serves then right for getting the bloke to organise it that sorted out Sunak's election announcement!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
While everything went of well and there were no mistakes some eagle eyed viewers noticed one performer who literally dropped a b****ck with one testicle protruding from his costume.

Screenshot_20240727-081400.png

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I really wanted to love the horse and there was a lot to love, but it was ruined for me because they got the gait of the horse completely wrong. The order in which the legs move in the gallop is not what they represented, so it was an extended mental torture to me.

I agree, it really spoiled the realism of a silver metal horse galloping down the middle of the River Seine in the pissing rain whilst everyone who hadn't paid proper attention* wondered why. ☺️

*Guilty m'Lud

OP
OP
lazybloke

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Having reflected, and slept on it, i can only think that thank God for the amazing backdrop of Paris to elevate all that erm, creativity; squeezing it into a stadium would have been far worse.

I did enjoy it, but i think @Cathryn had the right idea; wine would have made it better!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Gutted for Ellen!

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
…well, yes. A little like Fermat's last theorem; utterly intriguing and largely incomprehensible. My lingering memory is why, oh why, did the BBC make that cartoon trailer for its Olympic coverage showing bikes with the chainwheels on the wrong side? Alice au pays des merveils, perhaps. Stand by for a blank verse exposé in Liberation. Two weeks of bogglement to go, please enjoy!

Top Bottom