Paris Olympics - opening ceremony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It's unusual, being spread out along the Seine. Slightly disparate elements including lots of pre-recorded segments spliced into live action. Designed for a TV audience, i suppose.

Here are a few snippets:

My wife was happy to see men as well as women dancing the cancan, but she asked why the men weren't displaying 'small pants'.

Then there was a love story unfolding in a library; then they threw pages in the air and ran off to have a threesome!

I quite liked the bit where all the figures escaped their paintings in the Louvre to watch the athletes parade float past. V creative.

Now there's a pianist playing outdoors. Not sure he's happy to be there; it's p###ing down on his grand piano.

And lots of giant heads half-submerged in the river. Looks like the art of Monty Python. Odd.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It's a lovely evening here tho' but.

OP
OP
lazybloke

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The creativity of "The Isles of Wonder", 2012, opened my eyes and might well be the last time i felt proud to be british.

Otherwise, the concept of Cool Britannia had been on its last legs since May 2010

dicko

Guru
The French aren’t taking any chances with terror attacks from the air. Flight radar at 20.25 tonight.

IMG_2557.jpeg

Top Bottom