Netflix TDF documentary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I haven't got to any bits featuring Thibaut yet, just a few teasers of him saying "bof"

It's going to be tear-jerking but heartwarming isn't it. Are there any cute baby goat scenes?
It was emotional for me and Marc Madiot....win feck all but love them both 😍
On the other hand I could have done without my partner telling me how gorgeous Pinot is every 5 minutes...and why can't we go live in France and get some goats.
We live in Blackpool love and we've got a tower...get over it. 😁

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It was emotional for me and Marc Madiot....win feck all but love them both 😍
On the other hand I could have done without my partner telling me how gorgeous Pinot is every 5 minutes...and why can't we go live in France and get some goats.
We live in Blackpool love and we've got a tower...get over it. 😁

She'd get fed up with his moody good looks when he kicks her out of bed and tells her it's her turn to muck out the goats on a cold January morning.
What's he got that you haven't Adam?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
On about ep 5 at the moment. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Yeah I know they have to emphasise the narrative around the featured riders/teams, but there's so much going on in the tour and so many sub-plots that they've got plenty of material.

I particularly like the fact that people are generally speaking their own language and there are subtitles rather than voiceover.

We accidentally had the voiceover and Alaphilippe with an East London accent did my head in. Swiftly went to subtitles, which is my preference anyway.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Alaphilippe with an East London accent
Get aht my pub!
OIP.jpg

We accidentally had the voiceover and Alaphilippe with an East London accent did my head in. Swiftly went to subtitles, which is my preference anyway.
I might have to try that tonight and see if it’s tolerable. Do you just turn subtitles on or do you have go into the Netflix settings and change something.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I might have to try that tonight and see if it’s tolerable. Do you just turn subtitles on or do you have go into the Netflix settings and change something.

Mine is subtitles by default.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Off topic but in Finland English programs tend to have local language subtitles. This is great because I can watch Midsomer Murders and understand it while keeping half an eye on the subtitles to do a bit of studying. But in Germany and France, which presumably have bigger budgets, it gets dubbed which is way harder.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Off topic but in Finland English programs tend to have local language subtitles. This is great because I can watch Midsomer Murders and understand it while keeping half an eye on the subtitles to do a bit of studying. But in Germany and France, which presumably have bigger budgets, it gets dubbed which is way harder.

I’ll never forget when I lived in Italy and went to watch a Tom Cruise movie and he was speaking Italian! Couldn’t stop giggling!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I finished season 2 last night. I really enjoyed it and am now looking forward to this year's TdF.

With the super camera work one really got a good look at just how fast the pros ride, and how close together.

Many of the riders seem very nice people, but some of them are clearly ruthlessly self-centred. I don't buy the argument that all top competitors are like that - Pog seems like a very nice guy!

PS I had never realised just how rough the cobbles on the Champs-Élysées are!

Top Bottom