Need some advice choosing chainrings and cassette please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

SafetyThird

I didn’t realise shimano went up to 34 in 10 speed and i was trying to use my current, brand new cassettes from Miche, as I have one on the wheel and one on the turbo. Seems a shame to get rid of them, but if the shimano works then that might be a better solution, thanks for the pointer.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I didn’t realise shimano went up to 34 in 10 speed and i was trying to use my current, brand new cassettes from Miche, as I have one on the wheel and one on the turbo. Seems a shame to get rid of them, but if the shimano works then that might be a better solution, thanks for the pointer.

now you've got an Altus long cage derailleur on the back then using an 11-34 (or 11-36) cassette will be no problem. keep the Miche ones for the turbo as you'll be doing less hills indoors so wont need to go beyond the 30T on the back.:okay:

Last edited:

si_c

Guru

If they are pretty much brand new you might be able to re-sell them on ebay.

OP
OP
S

SafetyThird

now you've got an Altus long cage derailleur on the back then using an 11-34 (or 11-36) cassette will be no problem. keep the Miche ones for the turbo as you'll be doing less hills indoors so wont need to go beyond the 30T on the back.:okay:

This sounds like a good option, though I was trying to keep the same cassette on the bike and the turbo to make the shifting equivalent.

Top Bottom