Naming your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lone Wolf

Über Member
Has anyone named their bike or have I finally gone round the bend ?
Thinking of naming my Pashley Clubman. Any suggestions ?

No, you've not gone round the bend.

I've got Wiggy #1, Wiggy #2 and Max the MTB.

They're a Wiggins Rouen road bike, a Wiggins Chartres hybrid and a Raleigh Max respectively. Not terribly imaginative, I know...

Punkawallah

Über Member
I don’t have names for the bikes - other than their model name. As my wife is sublimely ignorant of these, the black and white one is ‘the panda’, and the black one ‘the hack’.

Mine has names top. There's recumbent, road bike, old road bike and Brompton. I have second names for them too. I mean I have two names plus the surname so why not my bike? They're also called SMGT, planetx London Road, Raleigh m-trax 4000 and Brompton M6R. :laugh:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Mine all have names. So does every car I've owned. The bikes are all girls; the cars, and the camper, boys.

I’ve named one or two cars and motorcycles in the past, those with enough character to warrant something of a bond because it was more fun than it should be. An amazingly reliable Soviet era Lada I had in college was “Olga”.

the closest my bicycles have gotten is my Gazelle… the “Dutch Truck”, and my ride to work Trek… the “Red Rocket”.

IMG_0202.jpeg

Gwylan

Veteran
Welcome round the bend.

Hercules2 and I have been companions for nearly 2 years.

He succeeded Hercules.
The name came from Steptoe and Son.

I still mourn Hercules 1 who was abducted in Oxford. Wonder what happened to him.
Does a bike have a soul or some unique vital force? Feel that was the case with Hercules and I let him down.

Some scroat with a pneumatic bolt cutter had him away in a van. But I had locked him electronically and he became a pile of individual components. Sadly the tracker had been drowned by earlier rain and removed awaiting a replacement.

Top Bottom