My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20241002_143851.JPG

20241002_144204.JPG

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
I know a song about that!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWszdSHkyE

I've ridden along that very trail in the dim and distant.
I just hope the other Mods don't ban me, although they'd be well within their rights...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
North Connel red squirrel sanctuary gate.

55FE3AF2-C46A-4D15-A863-549CB4DF18E1.png

tyred

Legendary Member
Bit of a dreich start this morning. I'm out for my perambulation and decided to have breakfast en route. A round plate today.

I see someone outside has taken up both disabled spots with their Renault Traffic despite loads of spaces a bit further away from the door.

I see photos now of last night's masonry incident and the building in question is a huge and rather grand mid-Victorian era shop building with sort of bay windows on the upstairs only.

It looks like a big chunk of the decorative plaster work has fallen off below one of the windows. Presumably the unfortunate victim happened to be walking below the window at the time. It used to be a long-running family owned drapery shop and gentleman's outfitters for over a hundred years but the last proprietor had no kids to take it over. He put it on the market when he retired about twelve years ago and it never sold. It's a beautiful building, I hope they don't use this as an excuse to knock it down. It is hard to see a future for it in reality. :sad:

tyred

Legendary Member
Bit of a dreich start this morning. I'm out for my perambulation and decided to have breakfast en route. A round plate today.

I see someone outside has taken up both disabled spots with their Renault Traffic despite loads of spaces a bit further away from the door.

I see photos now of last night's masonry incident and the building in question is a huge and rather grand mid-Victorian era shop building with sort of bay windows on the upstairs only.

It looks like a big chunk of the decorative plaster work has fallen off below one of the windows. Presumably the unfortunate victim happened to be walking below the window at the time. It used to be a long-running family owned drapery shop and gentleman's outfitters for over a hundred years but the last proprietor had no kids to take it over. He put it on the market when he retired about twelve years ago and it never sold. It's a beautiful building, I hope they don't use this as an excuse to knock it down. It is hard to see a future for it in reality. :sad:

Top Bottom