Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mild, grey and damp here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well again. After close to a week of almost no sleep at all, I'm slowly making the deficit back up. I have been up and puttering about, though. Needed to do some laundry after a fleece throw had a bit of an encounter with a bowl of porridge, and checked through the apples in my apple store.

Have otherwise spent the time writing. Still haven't sorted out the photos from previous Friday, but that is on the agenda.

Madam Lexi is in the process of turning my right leg numb.

Racing finished with two wins.

And I was 6 feet from a half-naked men's world champion. No @Reynard I don't have photos :tongue:

Tut, tut, tut! I would've expected better. :crazy:

Like I, now the great uncle, was just saying last Saturday,
You cannot hang out in the barbershop and not expect to get a haircut.

Pretty well much, yeah.

It would be much easier if global conflicts could be solved by exasperated women cracking stubborn and childish men over the noggins with their rolling pins. I think there would be far less idiocy in the world.

Just me and the dog for a few days as Mrs 73 is visiting the outlaws. Turns out they are visiting us in a few weeks time :sad:.
One good thing she finally got them to understand I don't want to do the family secret Santa. It's just got silly people pick stuff just because they can. I tried getting them to donate to charity but they give them 1/2 the budget and still bought me something. Just need mother out law to stop thinking she know what I like. I really don't need any more stuff.

Edible gifts, vouchers and book tokens is where it should be at, tbh. I remember being given some absolutely ghastly stuff as a kid by some of my father's friends and acquaintances, just because they felt obliged to give me something.

Rookie error!! I was about to have a couple of biskits with my afternoon cuppa when MrsPete summoned me to the kitchen to look at summat in the garden (a squirrel, so it turns out to be).
Upon my return to the lounge, there is
A: A happy but guilty looking dog.. 🐶
B: No biskits 🍪
😂

Been there, done that, have a whole box of t-shirts. Madam Poppy was a stinker when it came to pinching biskits and crisps!

And you know what, I really miss that...

pawl

Legendary Member
I bought a pair of socks from NoPinz and was confused for about 5 minutes as whichever sock I put on had an 'L' on it. Only then did I realise they'd sent a pair of 'Left' socks, not that there's any difference between then probably. I do wonder whether someone got a pair of 'R' socks.

The only socks I’ve owned was hiking socks and a pair of running socks marked L andR if correctly the socks had more density on the outer edge of the sole.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A strangely peaceful run down to the ferry this morning but straight into low sun which can be awkward. You cannot really see the scenery either as too much attention has to be paid to the road in front and behind.
Noticed two cars behind me and normally I would pull over and let them pass but the lead one was at least a couple of hundred yards behind and remained there.
Eventually I got fed up keeping an eye on them and stopped to let them pass when the true situation appeared. The second one was desperate to overtake but was being blocked and while thanking me was in a rage with the other one. Came past and gave them the full works. Horn and full headlights right on their bumper.

Ferry not too busy going off but 4 tour bus loads came off and only one cyclist off with no cyclists going off.
Shopping done and just now watched a string of at least a dozen fish cages going past wards the Falls of Lora where a fish farm boat was waiting.

tyred

Legendary Member
Another lovely day and work now completed. It was hardly a very productive day as my solicitor kept phoning me.

No joy with that either, solicitor described the insurance company's offer as an insult and they are taking the negligence due to lack of helmet line. How a helmet would have stopped someone ignoring a stop sign and driving into me and how it would have stopped my ankle being shattered is beyond my comprehension. Looks like court now. Three years and still not much further forward. :sad:

Mike_P

Guru
Afternoon work visits and a mix of cloud sun and rain, the latter whilst heading from Ripon towards Boroughbridge. Called in at Aldi at Knaresborough, far bigger than the local one but always struggle to work out what of anything is additional. Maybe just greater quantities.

Top Bottom