Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Has it got any tomatoes in...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yesterday, I finally ended by far and away the longest time it has taken me to actually see a class of train in service since I started spotting in 1991 (I stopped doing it in about 1999/2000ish).

What was this class? Why, they have only been about for the last 10 years or so, they are the humble class 333s.

I have never had any need to go to Leeds you see, so I had genuinely never clapped eyes on one until I saw 333013 at Neville Hill yesterday morning. :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
Yesterday, I finally ended by far and away the longest time it has taken me to actually see a class of train in service since I started spotting in 1991 (I stopped doing it in about 1999/2000ish).

What was this class? Why, they have only been about for the last 10 years or so, they are the humble class 333s.

I have never had any need to go to Leeds you see, so I had genuinely never clapped eyes on one until I saw 333013 at Neville Hill yesterday morning. :blush:
Was Pat with you on this visit to Leeds?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have also only ever seen one Class 70, 70003. I always seem to have missed them (which isn't actually a bad thing anyway considering they are as ugly as sin).

I was at Carlisle earlier having traversed the Settle to Carlisle line from Leeds (hence the class 333 post above) waiting for my train north, and what should come through on a freight?

Yep, 70003.

I have now seen it twice and 200% more than any other member of the class!! Yay!!

Was Pat with you on this visit to Leeds?

That's for us to know and you not! :whistle:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I have also only ever seen one Class 70, 70003. I always seem to have missed them (which isn't actually a bad thing anyway considering they are as ugly as sin).

I was at Carlisle earlier having traversed the Settle to Carlisle line from Leeds (hence the class 333 post above) waiting for my train north, and what should come through on a freight?

Yep, 70003.

I have now seen it twice and 200% more than any other member of the class!! Yay!

That's for us to know and you not! :whistle:
She said the pair of yous may just drop in on me, on a visit to Gods County, didn't think either of you would leave without saying you were here!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And now, I need to sleep.

The Settle and Carlisle line was as dull as I remember (the weather didn't help obviously, but still, I found it all a bit boring compared to what I'm used too in Scotland).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom