Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I'm just sampling a Cabernet Sauvignon, six bottles of which my son dropped off for me this morning (very nice of him)
An interesting vintage ....2013.
I have an Ena Sharples face on just now. Coincidence?

Lullabelle

Banana
Fruit is so boring, apples are sharp and tasteless, oranges take so long to peel that I lose interest, nothing excites my tastebuds.

colly

Re member eR
Fruit is so boring, apples are sharp and tasteless, oranges take so long to peel that I lose interest, nothing excites my tastebuds.
Nooooooooooooooooo !

Apples is loverly. Core them, stuff them with raisins or currants and a couple of cloves and bake them in a very small amount of water and scoff with cream and or custard. They ain't sharp then.
Delish !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ena Sharples, now there's a bolt from the black and white!
I was just thinking that many of the younger CycleChatters will not have a clue who Ena Sharples was, or Minnie Caldwell, or the Walkers, or Leonard Swindley, or ...

(I never even watched Coronation Street, but my parents always had it on when I was a child.)

D

Deleted member 1258

My no trick or treat notice on the door has worked a treat, we've not been disturbed all night.

D

Deleted member 1258

I was just thinking that many of the younger CycleChatters will not have a clue who Ena Sharples was, or Minnie Caldwell, or the Walkers, or Leonard Swindley, or ...

(I never even watched Coronation Street, but my parents always had it on when I was a child.)

Same here, my Mum was a fan right from the start.

colly

Re member eR
Funny enough we never had a telly when Ena Sharples was on. I can still recall what her face was like though.^_^

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Funny enough we never had a telly when Ena Sharples was on. I can still recall what her face was like though.^_^
Oh yes! For the younger members, we're on about the dourest, sourest matriarch ever to darken our black and white sets, and I have no memory of her ever taking her hairnet off. I remember wondering why on earth anybody would want to watch any programme with her in. She made Eastenders look like romantic comedy.

D

Deleted member 1258

The locals seem to have adopted the 'knock to trick or treat only if you see a pumpkin in the window' convention. It's the first time in many years that I haven't been hassled

We started to use the notice after I said no to trick or treat shut the door and the woman with the child tried to kick my door down whilst shouting abuse that would have made a sailor blush.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom