Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Nothing positive then Vernon ? :sad:

Only atomic nucleii.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
The guy is coming tomorrow to start and clear the wall away. All 170 feet of it. It all came down in one go. :becool::eek:
Apparently the sound of it falling over was heard by quite a lot of people, but of course, nobody knew what it was until they saw it in the morning! :giggle: It must have been at least a ton hitting the ground at the same time.

Actually, it is just as we'll it happened when it did, kids use that lane all the time, and something like that landing on a kid (or anyone for that matter) doesn't bear thinking about.

I should really take a picture of it for you all to see.

A fence is now planned instead.

Can't you re build the wall?

With the winds and rain up there in the Republic you will be constantly putting it back up again.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Off Twerk!
(Apparently a Yorkshire verb for doing a job)

classic33

Leg End Member
The bricks are too covered in the mortar to be of much use apparently. The wall was estimated as being as much as 120 years old too (our house was built on land once part of the property next door, a manse at the time). There is a lot of the same type of brick wall elsewhere (albeit more structurally sound).
I bet he still ends up re-selling more than 2/3 of it on though.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I bet he still ends up re-selling more than 2/3 of it on though.

Because it has come down in one lot, there are huge chunks that need to be broken up just to move, so salvaging anything much that is useful would be..... interesting.
I am not the one dealing with it as such, the guy who is coming (now tomorrow due to various reasons) did repairs to the wall before.... and it then fell down..... I potentially smell a rat, but of course I can't prove anything, and he seems like a decent enough chap anyway, so it might just have been that the wall really did die the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom