Mundane News (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I've just got back from taking my son home, and parked my car round the back of the house, where it'll stay till next weekend.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Tonight I will be doing a mammoth pile of ironing whilst listening to Evita on the iPod.

Ironing is not done chez Vernon.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tonight I will be doing a mammoth pile of ironing whilst listening to Evita on the iPod.

Ooh, original cast or movie? I go all weak kneed at the thought of Antonio Banderas. There's something about the way he sings "mournin' all day and mournin' all night" with a sort of lisp (well not a lisp exactly, but I don't know what else to call it.).

Shaun

Founder
Ooh, original cast or movie? I go all weak kneed at the thought of Antonio Banderas. There's something about the way he sings "mournin' all day and mournin' all night" with a sort of lisp (well not a lisp exactly, but I don't know what else to call it.).

Movie :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The guy is coming tomorrow to start and clear the wall away. All 170 feet of it. It all came down in one go. :becool::eek:
Apparently the sound of it falling over was heard by quite a lot of people, but of course, nobody knew what it was until they saw it in the morning! :giggle: It must have been at least a ton hitting the ground at the same time.

Actually, it is just as we'll it happened when it did, kids use that lane all the time, and something like that landing on a kid (or anyone for that matter) doesn't bear thinking about.

I should really take a picture of it for you all to see.

A fence is now planned instead.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh it bloody well happened all right!! It's ours and it's a brick wall.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh it bloody well happened all right!! It's ours and it's a brick wall.
Its with you saying it was an old wall, stone walls can fetch a fair old price these days. Hope you tidied it up ready for him to clean up.

This is a bit like an anglers tale. Its increased in size from 100 foot, to 170 foot of wall that fell over.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Its with you saying it was an old wall, stone walls can fetch a fair old price these days. Hope you tidied it up ready for him to clean up.

The bricks are too covered in the mortar to be of much use apparently. The wall was estimated as being as much as 120 years old too (our house was built on land once part of the property next door, a manse at the time). There is a lot of the same type of brick wall elsewhere (albeit more structurally sound).

This is a bit like an anglers tale. Its increased in size from 100 foot, to 170 foot of wall that fell over.

I didn't measure it all before posting originally although I did say 'over 100 feet'. 170 is how long it was when we moved in I have since learned, and well, it never changed length (until now) since we moved in, so 170 it is/was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom