Minute Cryptic word puzzle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I scored one under par today with with a guess based on synonyms. I usually solve the Guardian Crptic every day but I find the Minute Cryptic much harder. I feel this is because with a crossword there's almost always one answer one can get and build from their. With Minute there's no such help.

errr thats why it has give me a letter options to simulate having solved an intersecting answer, plus the hint button too

PaulSB

Squire
errr thats why it has give me a letter options to simulate having solved an intersecting answer, plus the hint button too
I don't really understand this. I'm trying to solve it without hints or letters being revealed.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't really understand this. I'm trying to solve it without hints or letters being revealed.
do you really not understand it?
1725879640527.png

click that and pretend you also solved 8 down in the Guardian.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I feel this is because with a crossword there's almost always one answer one can get and build from their. With Minute there's no such help.

Plus, with a full crossword, you can more quickly get an understanding of the thought processes of the crossword setter by reading all the other clues, even if you can’t answer them. Doing this one clue per day is much harder.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Sorry, I genuinely didn't follow what you were saying. Yes, I am aware of those options but have tried not to use them. I certainly didn't view the show letter in the way you suggest.

Nice suggestion. Thanks.

yeah I think you're expected to take a hint or two, the "par" score works on hints taken, not the number of guesses you make -if you're bothered about that sort of stuff..

As you say, its a bit like starting with the easily spotted anagram clue in a full crossword and working out from there

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am not sure how you post those results? I had a quick look at earlier ones and didn't solve them. (I didn't try using hints.)

I found the latest one easy and got it in about 5 seconds for a 2 under par.

OP
OP
mistyoptic

mistyoptic

Vintage
I am not sure how you post those results? I had a quick look at earlier ones and didn't solve them. (I didn't try using hints.)

I found the latest one easy and got it in about 5 seconds for a 2 under par.

Once you have completed it, there is an option to "share" and one can then copy and paste. Same process as Wordle reporting

Top Bottom