Lael Wilcox around the world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Listened to today’s podcast! She cycled 179 miles in torrential Dutch rain and wind and still had a fantastic day! How does she do this?

Mindset and clothing choices. You can’t choose the weather in such an endeavour, but you can choose your attitude.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Let's also remember what is possible:
"In 1939, Tommy Godwin cycled 75,065 miles – an average of 205 miles per day."

(He'd probably lose some time on a RTW attempt with flights, border crossings etc ... :P )
More recently, (and possibly accurately in terms of recorded mileage), Steve Abraham was ahead of Godwin's record by around 2,500 miles, before he was hit by a moped rider 3 months or so into his first attempt at Godwin's record.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
More recently, (and possibly accurately in terms of recorded mileage), Steve Abraham was ahead of Godwin's record by around 2,500 miles, before he was hit by a moped rider 3 months or so into his first attempt at Godwin's record.

And most of see more of the world on one single ride than Amanda Coker did in the year when she broke Godwin's record.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Let's also remember what is possible:
"In 1939, Tommy Godwin cycled 75,065 miles – an average of 205 miles per day."

(He'd probably lose some time on a RTW attempt with flights, border crossings etc ... :P )

Not forgetting Amanda Coker who holds the record with 86,573 miles in a year.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Thought this was a brilliant thing she’s got going

IMG_0771.jpeg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
She really is remarkable. I heard on the podcast today that she’s sending a postcard to her parents from each country. That little detail moved me. What a lovely thing to do!

Top Bottom