Is there hope things might change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the *original* plan was actually well designed and had input from cycle groups. However the *revised* plan decided that cars were more important than cycle safety.

This one is well marked but suffers from a lot of this:
View attachment 743770
I characterise this as "we ran out of room so now the path narrows, but we're going to continue with these posts even if they are essentially in the way". In the original plan the path would have continued across that junction on a raised table with "give way" signs to drivers instead.

This section is a work of genius:-
View attachment 743771
As you can see, the intended position to cross the road to the left of that post, just behind the tree. This makes it impossible to see whether a car is approaching intending to turn left. Thus most people just drop off the pavement at the actual corner. For youngsters going to school, this is probably the most dangerous road to cross as it is *very* busy with people turning left to cut through the rat runs in the morning.

There is also a confusing bit further up by the church where the cycle path suddenly ends (although there is a bit of paint on the road instead), but magically reappears on the pavement about 20 paces further on next to the Jewellers.

As far as I can see there is naff all to suggest to anyone that bikes are supposed to even be there

so a car would not look for someone doing a bike type speed - and if there was a bike there then it would be one of those "bloomin' bikes riding on the pavement" type things

which we have all seen before!

icowden

Veteran
As far as I can see there is naff all to suggest to anyone that bikes are supposed to even be there
Can't you see the little black posts with blue circles on?

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom