Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Night ride this week - looking forward to it!

Who's all in?
I really fancied it, but I couldn't convince my brother who was put off by the 12mph speed thing. Shame, but I think we're going to do our own in the next couple of weeks.

For those not on the book of face, I was hoping to ditch my avatar but unfortunately it is still appropriate! :B) I was planning on doing the Night Ride but because of a fecking idiot cycling in the opposite direction on the pavement who wobbled onto the road in front of me I'm not going to make it. It seems he didn't see the bus stop in front of him and thought swerving into oncoming traffic was preferable to crashing into it! I didn't have time to avoid him, so colllided head on at about 20-25mph. Five stitches in my chin, assorted cuts and bruises and a f@$cked front wheel is the extent of the damage... oh and my helmet is gubbed too! Might be time to reconsider taking up crochet.
Didn't sleep well last night replaying it in my head, might take a while to get back on the horse again :sad:

@Telemark @Scoosh

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1497447184412.jpg
    FB_IMG_1497447184412.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 45

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
For those not on the book of face, I was hoping to ditch my avatar but unfortunately it is still appropriate! :B) I was planning on doing the Night Ride but because of a fecking idiot cycling in the opposite direction on the pavement who wobbled onto the road in front of me I'm not going to make it. It seems he didn't see the bus stop in front of him and thought swerving into oncoming traffic was preferable to crashing into it! I didn't have time to avoid him, so colllided head on at about 20-25mph. Five stitches in my chin, assorted cuts and bruises and a f@$cked front wheel is the extent of the damage... oh and my helmet is gubbed too! Might be time to reconsider taking up crochet.
Didn't sleep well last night replaying it in my head, might take a while to get back on the horse again :sad:

@Telemark @Scoosh
Ouch, get well soon! How unlucky was that...:hugs:
Thanks for the separate e-mail, I've not been on here for a wee while, too busy with EdFoC & night ride organising...but am aiming to return once recovered :tired:

Ouch, get well soon! How unlucky was that...:hugs:
Thanks for the separate e-mail, I've not been on here for a wee while, too busy with EdFoC & night ride organising...but am aiming to return once recovered :tired:
Thanks for reminding me - sorry I didn't get in touch earlier, I've just pinged you guys an email.
Team CC Ecosse is going to be a bit more underrepresented than it has any right to be :sad: :thumbsdown:

Anyway, I hope tonight goes really well!:bravo::wahhey:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks for reminding me - sorry I didn't get in touch earlier, I've just pinged you guys an email.
Team CC Ecosse is going to be a bit more underrepresented than it has any right to be :sad: :thumbsdown:

Anyway, I hope tonight goes really well!:bravo::wahhey:
Ah, so that WAS you, I wasn't sure as I didn't know your surname, and the e-mail was't written in a way that I could tell whether it was you... put 2+2 together and wondered if I had come up with 4 or 5 as the answer ...

Superb weather, big gaps in the clounds, moon, sunrise (from behind a small cloud bank rather than horizon, so about 10 minute delay), excellent food stops (Loft Cafe & Bakery in Haddington is open Mon-Sat, the breakfast stop only available to our riders once a year), brilliant ride leaders and other helpers - CC Ecosse (& families) well represented on that aspect, as were the Edinburgh Belles on Bikes :bravo::wahhey:

What a great event the night ride was once again. My thanks to the leaders and helpers that make it possible. The Loft was a fantastic venue and the breakfast was fab. Thanks!

Well, my face appears to be healing up pretty well... if anything I think it's an improvement! :laugh:

The bike is in Dales for a check-up and replacement wheel, so I'll need to ride one of my other bikes in the meantime until I get it back... I'm due to go to Cumbrae on Saturday for a few laps, not too much risk there *fingers crossed*, so hopefully I'll be fit to ride in the next day or two :okay: :bicycle:

Top Bottom