I'm getting old :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had my eyes tested and as I had started to suspect, I need reading glasses :sad:

The optician recommended varifocals (I'm also short sighted and wear specs) but as my prescription only says +1.5 it's quite mild long sightedness. I'm thinking of getting some £20 off the shelf jobs for reading (Varifocals are going to cost me £150+). No longer commuting by train so don't read books so much

Anyone else done this?

Drago

Legendary Member
Yep, I succumbed to this last year aged 47.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have some and they are quite good. As they are so cheap, you won't be bothered if you lose them or break them, and some of them are really nice.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have Bi focal as i found the vari annoying..
With your very mild scrip id just get the off the shelf set..
Spend the big money when you have too.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I got quite excited when my wife said that last night but she must have forgotten or something because it never happened.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have had reading glasses for 8 years now. Most depressing. I have seeing specs sometimes but am fine without them, I tend to watch tv in them and that is just about it.
I tried the supermarket ones but the give me headaches.
Due an eye test so your thread has been a reminder. Thank you.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I have had reading glasses for 8 years now. Most depressing. I have seeing specs sometimes but am fine without them, I tend to watch tv in them and that is just about it.
I tried the supermarket ones but the give me headaches.
Due an eye test so your thread has been a reminder. Thank you.
Free tests at Tesco :smile:

Lee_M

Guru
i have varifocals (+1.5 plus additional 1.5 for reading). they take some getting used to and they arent cheap but I find without the distance prescription I am not comfortable driving.

Generally I try and use varifocal daily contacts as they are better for me as I tend to break my glasses regularly

Top Bottom