If money was no object…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
S-Works turbo levo SL

just under 17kg but quite pricey

GTNT-LQDMET_HERO?$scom-pdp-product-image$&fmt=auto.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The unicorn would be a custom retro-modern randonneur in a nice steel - perhaps 853 - and suitably drab earth-toned colour scheme. 650b wheels with fat 50mm slicks, through-axles, hydro disks, proper curved steel forks (if possible with the disks), triple chainset with 8, 9 or 11 speed cassette (depending on how tarty I was feeling), drops and STIs, fat body-coloured mudguards, rack, mounting bosses everywhere..

I'd buy a top range touring bike, probably by Santos. Something that would serve me well off-road across Africa.

I shalln't put the energy into mentally building it though, since it's almost impossible to ever materialise and I'm more than content to get to work on my latest project!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm not too fussed about Van Nic's top of the range bikes. I would be more then happy with their humble 105 equipped Ventus (I have the rim braked Ventus as is). Though I would swap out the Shimano crankset for a silver Spa one.
View attachment 736236
I'd probably do something similar to this or the Holdsworth Helm from Planet X, either bike fitted with SRAM Rival AXS as a little treat to myself. Anything more valuable and I'd be too worried about damage, having it stolen or the cost of maintenance replacing components like for like.

grldtnr

Über Member
You have 'other bikes' for doing that. Simple.

Of course , didn't think that through, if I've got that much to waste on a cycle,the valet can cart the stuff around on his / hers bicycle shaped object,.,.not paying brass for a bike for them!

I ve seen 2 dream bikes that I have passed on.
A Campagnolo test/demo bike for Chorus. Low key carbon frame from Italian buildet Sarto, painted coffee brown.
An urban dream bike, Scott Al frame, Alfine 11, belt drive, dynamo, disk.

grldtnr

Über Member
When I was looking for my first recumbent, many years ago,( too many ), I rode an original 'Windy', hell yeah, never ridden anything like it, with the joystick tucked it my mid- riff, I did tip it over, but i wasn't looking to buy one.
I felt obliged to buy the Trice though, which I did.
Future cycles of Forest Row, doubt they still trading.......I wonder.

My future colleague at work rides a beautiful chromoly steel butted bike with a Rohloff hub and handbuilt wheels. Unfortunately, she built it herself for her master's qualification; I wonder how much she'd charge to teach me to make one?

Alternatively, maybe a Tern Orox. If I don't find an apartment soon that isn't on top of a hill, an Ebike may be an option.

Top Bottom