If money was no object…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
is it just the one money-no-object bike we are allowed in this hypothetical discussion?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ok I'll enter into the spirit of things. I've just won a competition and the prize is an unlimited bike voucher with no cash alternative.

I'd probably go for an aluminium gravel bike with electronic gears. This would give me a chance to play with things that I'm curious about but my current bike doesn't allow, namely fatter tyres, disc brakes, electronic gears...

I may also get one of those long pointy up-the-seatpost bikepacking bags to replace my rack bag. But I suspect I might hate it.

grldtnr

Über Member
I am well into recumbents, if this thread is all about the best bling you can buy, then I am looking for a big wheeled, carbon fibre built suspended, all wheel drive,and tilting recumbent trike ,but it must be able to carry camping gear . I can buy a 'Gravel ' trike plenty on the market.
But not Carbon fibre .
Seems I am going to need to find a latter day Mike Burrows, he was the man for bonkers one of stuff

DRM

Guru
Where do you hang pannier bags?, it's not practical, is it.
Just 'bling'

I'd adorn it with gravel type bikepacking bags, but then again if you can afford that, I'm guessing getting up for a daily commute isn't going to be a priority!

Jameshow

Veteran
It would be something like the Condor Acciaio Stainless Disc frame, but with QR axles and steel fork, Chris King head set, Campagnolo Chorus aluminium 10speed Ergopower (or - if there was one - Record Ergopower with aluminium levers), Record front and rear derailleur, TRP Spyre brakes, Hope or Royce hubs, Sapim spokes, deep DT Swiss aluminium rims, Vittoria Corsa Pro tan wall tyres, TPU inner tubes, silver Sugino or Specialites TA compact square taper crank set, black Specialites TA chain rings, Phil Wood bottom bracket, Connex stainless steel chain, Brooks Cambium saddle, Velo Orange Grand Cru or Ritchey WCS seat post, stem and handlebar, Jagwire KEB-SL brake cables and housings and Jagwire shifting cable set, Shimano 7810 pedals. But I'm not sure which bar tape I'd like to have...

E.

You sure about all those details, tourney would be much nicer....🤣

Paul59

Regular
In my opinion some cheaper bikes or parts are better than their more expensive equivalents, but thats maybe exceptions.

Tom B

Guru
Can I sort of corrupt this... I would split the wealth and buy a new fleet. A nice Titanium probably van nic, top of the range (not plastic) Ribble CGR, A decent hard tail, A decent FS and decent ISH pub bike, and a mid range CGR for everyday use.

I'd probably need a new shed and try and convince the missus to try a tandem.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not too fussed about Van Nic's top of the range bikes. I would be more then happy with their humble 105 equipped Ventus (I have the rim braked Ventus as is). Though I would swap out the Shimano crankset for a silver Spa one.
1719994446152.png

Top Bottom