I thought that Home Bargains were a bit early when they had Halloween stuff for sale last week, but....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The Range had Halloween stuff on sale 2 weeks ago.
Mrs B and I were looking at furniture for a newly built summerhouse, to the sound of electronically generated cackles and "ghost" sounds.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Hallochristeastermas is on the way eventually. Then people can buy tat all year round. Or marketing companies will invent reversible decorations you can turn inside out or some such nonsense.

Windle

Über Member
I remember walking into Dobbie's in Ponteland a few years ago, in the first week of September, and the first 50 yards of the shop was a garish noisy mass of bloody tinsel clad reindeer, Christmas trees, Ho Ho Hoing Santas, singing elves and just utter tat. September FFS! I very nearly turned around and walked out right then but I wanted something from the aquatics place at the back, a sanctuary or normality.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The Range had Halloween stuff on sale 2 weeks ago.
Mrs B and I were looking at furniture for a newly built summerhouse, to the sound of electronically generated cackles and "ghost" sounds.

big stands of x mas chocs for at least a month in the big supermarkets , nice but surely you would need to buy about 5 tins at least to last till then ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
cks-138f41a7-55f0-4878-92bc-9981b14ddef1-0-636x418.jpg

Emanresu

An idyllic pic of a local village where the geese roam free over the roads. Every night they are corralled in the garden of the village pub beside the green. They seem to disappear every Xmas.

IMG_5113.JPEG

Drago

Legendary Member
An idyllic pic of a local village where the geese roam free over the roads. Every night they are corralled in the garden of the village pub beside the green. They seem to disappear every Xmas.

View attachment 743194

These are strange phenomena. It's like you'll never find a hobo or tramp within a two mile radius of a kebab shop, but they must be about because the bins out back are full of bindles.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
IIRC last year at National Trust Dunham Massey, there were Christmas cards on sale during August and September.
There was a sign almost apologising, saying cards were available for overseas visitors.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
And here is the shocker. Have you seen the size of Heros, Roses and Quality Street 'tins' - they have shrunk and now contain just 550g of chocolate. Daylight robbery I tell you.

dicko

Guru
Our first Halloween was in 1961. There were American airmen and their wives camped on the RAF base along with their Thor missiles. The station commander asked us RAF kids to dress up and frighten them. This we did and we got sweets for our trouble, I ask you, all the trouble we went to get dressed like Worzel Gummages and we get sweets.

Top Bottom