I actually saw an outside laundry today and must say I was taken aback by seeing my first EVER outside laundry!! Is there one near you I wonder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD

One of these in Kessingland on the outskirts of Lowestoft; on the forecourt of the village service station.

I guess if you’ve got an EV - you could plan your washing with your car charging and spend the day there 😉🤣

IMG_5857.jpeg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Back in the day I used to quite enjoy going to the launderette. I'd take a good book, stick a cassette in my Walkman and it was a relaxing way to spend an evening.

These look like how a someone who has never actually done their washing themselves or even used a washing machine would devise a public laundry facility.

Drago

Legendary Member
Back in the day I used to quite enjoy going to the launderette. I'd take a good book, stick a cassette in my Walkman and it was a relaxing way to spend an evening.

The Walkman being the man who walked ahead of your car with a red flag. Fortunately he rather enjoyed having a cassette stuck in him.

AndyRM

XOXO
I noticed this one when I was leaving the football at Kingston Park last week.

Placement wise it makes sense as it's next to a community centre, and it's also cheaper than most laundrettes.

I prefer the one round the corner from me on the odd occasion I need one, the sisters who run it are great craic.

2024-08-24.jpg

presta

Guru
We've got one here it would seem, at one of the Premier Inns. It also appears we have two Premier Inns, only 300m apart from each other.

wormo

Guru
We have a few near us. I've used them a few times to wash our duvets and when our washing machine broke down. Very handy as I can go when they are quiet early morning.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We've got one here it would seem, at one of the Premier Inns. It also appears we have two Premier Inns, only 300m apart from each other.

Outside a hotel is a sensible location if they have contractors who spend long periods staying away from home.

The nearest one to me is outside a petrol station, which seems to be the most common location.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Talking to someone today who's used the one in the opening post, she told me they are quite expensive compared to traditional sit in laundry ones. She said you have to feed the dryers with £1 coins, not 50p's like you do in sit in laundries. 🤔

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Talking to someone today who's used the one in the opening post, she told me they are quite expensive compared to traditional sit in laundry ones. She said you have to feed the dryers with £1 coins, not 50p's like you do in sit in laundries. 🤔
I haven't been in a laundry for many years, but 50p seems a bit cheap nowadays.
Also, would they not run on card only, for security?

Top Bottom