I actually saw an outside laundry today and must say I was taken aback by seeing my first EVER outside laundry!! Is there one near you I wonder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just about anything can be found outdoors there days.

img_6458.jpg

steverob

Guru
Saw one a few months ago in Fort Augustus (the other end of Loch Ness to Inverness). However it can't have been there long as it doesn't appear when looking on Google Street View and their pictures for that area are only about a year old. Looked like they were in use as well - was an area with a lot of tourists coming off various hiking trails and I did notice a nearby car park that had a lot of camper vans parked up in it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Never seen one in the flesh yet, but wouldn't mind having one near me for occasional use.
Handy for duvets, curtains, if you are waiting for a new washing machine at home.

Or like me can't have one, apart from one of those difficult manual twin tub caravan suitable ones, due to little room in my pokey kitchen. I wouldn't fancy using an outdoor laundry on a cold/wet day though. Or at night time when you don't know who's about.

Last edited:

Emanresu

Used them a lot when touring Ireland. Usually in the car parks of petrol stations. But in Ireland almost all the petrol stations had coffee machine and sandwiches which made them an ideal stop.

Some are connected to the internet and if you have the app you check if one is available. Think they are the same company that does the photobooths.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Presumably cheaper to run than a proper launderette so more profitable.

Horrible to use compared to a launderette but I guess that if that's all that's available and you need to get your washing done then you have to put up with the inconvenience.

Top Bottom