Home improvements - time the house had some TLC!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Had them on my old house, got them going in the new Drago Towers on Friday. Mrs D has MS and can be quite poorly if she overheats. Also they work in reverse as very efficient heaters, so during the winter I can economically heat a single room when Im home on my own during the day.

I'll snap some pics as they go on, although I won't be doing the install. The rhythmist in our band has his own firm installing them so does hem for me at mates rates, bless him,

I did wonder if there may have been a health/efficiency aspect to things, which totally makes sense.

Appreciate the knowledge.

Drago

Legendary Member
I forget the exact figure, but using them as a hester costs something like fifth of conventional heating. They're air source heat pumps.

Running them overnight to keep Mrs D cool is also inexpensive on our EV tariff.

The typical type doesn't require planning permission either. Provided they're a metre from the boundary and the external unit is 0.6m3 or less then its a permitted development, although different rules ay apply on listed buildings or in conservation areas.

AndyRM

XOXO
I forget the exact figure, but using them as a hester costs something like fifth of conventional heating. They're air source heat pumps.

Running them overnight to keep Mrs D cool is also inexpensive on our EV tariff.

The typical type doesn't require planning permission either. Provided they're a metre from the boundary and the external unit is 0.6m3 or less then its a permitted development, although different rules ay apply on listed buildings or in conservation areas.

Every day is a school day!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
toilet installation date put back to the 1sst week of june as builders brother who he works with had a heart attack :sad: , in other news im playing find where the ****** ants are getting in the house .

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Guru
How’s the viewing going? Currently going through a similar process with my parent-in-laws, it’s feels like a tough market at the moment.

The agents warned me that the market is quiet. Interest rates should start coming down in a few months, I can't see it picking up until then. With that said I've had 3 viewers, one of which has offered me full asking price. They've not yet sold theirs so mine is still on the market with their offer on the table - it's theirs if nobody beats them to it with the potential for some bargaining should a second party become seriously interested 👍

gzoom

Über Member
^Good luck, my in-laws nearly turned down an asking price offer because the estate agent got greedy and wanted them to wait till open house, luckily they proceeded with the sale, did managed to do the open house which generated exactly ZERO offers.

I'm glad we are essentially out of the property ladder, our next house move will be for a self build plot sometime in 2050 :smile:.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The agents warned me that the market is quiet. Interest rates should start coming down in a few months, I can't see it picking up until then. With that said I've had 3 viewers, one of which has offered me full asking price. They've not yet sold theirs so mine is still on the market with their offer on the table - it's theirs if nobody beats them to it with the potential for some bargaining should a second party become seriously interested 👍

we were on the market at the start of the year , agents bluffed mrs ck into thinking they were going to get a good price and even more than asking price .After 2-3 months we had one viewing and they were not even interested saying our rooms were small which as its an older property is total rubbish so we guessed the agents just sent someone around .We had no feedback from the agents and they were very slow to do anything without us literally going into the office .In the end we took it off the market and decided to stay put .In hindsight it was the right choice as work slowed down to the point where all the agency are being let go and with my surgery coming up im looking at an extended break so not a good time to have taken on extra on the mortgage .

newts

Veteran
Most estate agents are self serving weasely bas**rds. Tried tucking us up for £75k on a quick sale of my late mother's bungalow to a colleague (25% of true asking price/final sale price). All the usual bullsh*t about the market being quiet etc.
When we bought our current house 20 years ago the agent kept pestering us to up the offer after we agreed a price with the vendor. They said other buyers were interested, complete pack of lies as we new the seller & the agent hadn't been in contact with them after we'd agreed the initial price. 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
I’d be inclined to agree. The one with the blue bed makes the bed look massive and the room small. The Bianchi photo only shows half the room… nice sunny collection though 🤩😎

Top Bottom