Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Are you coming back, or just staying to look at penguins?

He may not be back for some time.....

Edit: Actually, in retrospect, I realise that my post was pretty tasteless. Lawrence Oates died only 110 years ago or so. He was a very brave man, as they all were. Apologies.

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
The flights we had booked to South Africa for 2020 have been languishing so long they're at 'use them or lose them' status in the booking system, so, erm, South Africa later this year to visit the lions, penguins, giraffes and elephants. Oh, and wolves. And vineyards...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We're starting to plan the Amsterdam visit in April. We're there for the main flower festival so have booked transport and a trip out to the gardens to see the main parade at Keukenhof on the Saturday. Planning on getting a multi-day tram/bus ticket for 'collection' at the airport, then train into Amsterdam, then use the tram to get us to the hotel and to/from Dam Square area. Need to wait a couple of more weeks to book Anne Frank's house - released 6 weeks in advance. Boat trip one other idea and been weighing up a few restaurant's to book. Most likely drop in a museum visit or two, and lots of walking.

We're starting to plan the Amsterdam visit in April. We're there for the main flower festival so have booked transport and a trip out to the gardens to see the main parade at Keukenhof on the Saturday. Planning on getting a multi-day tram/bus ticket for 'collection' at the airport, then train into Amsterdam, then use the tram to get us to the hotel and to/from Dam Square area. Need to wait a couple of more weeks to book Anne Frank's house - released 6 weeks in advance. Boat trip one other idea and been weighing up a few restaurant's to book. Most likely drop in a museum visit or two, and lots of walking.

We hired a bike (tandem) and cycled round some of the bulb fields while we were visiting Keukenhof. Just a thought

Gunk

Guru
Just planning a trip out to Barcelona with my son in June for a pat on the back for working so hard for his A Levels

vickster

Legendary Member
I booked a flight to Salzburg to visit a friend first week of July. Plan to spend a couple of days in Salzburg at the end of the week as I’ve not been there since a school music trip when I was about 13! Another friend might also join me, thinking we might go to Innsbruck for a few days too

Jameshow

Veteran
Walk today to Hartland manor!
Lovely day!
5k walk was a bit much for my hip!

Hicky

Guru
Camping in June and Aug, we rarely go to the same place. I’ve just bought a new larger trailer to cope with the ever increasing equipment we accumulate. The dogs n nipper approve🤣
July is a family(in-laws in tow) to Rhodes, again we love Greece but try to go to a different island each time(away from the touristy areas!).

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 7

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Of on a cruise middle two weeks of July. Adriatic and Aegean Seas. No kids this time ! Hope to enjoy it but the Mrs wasn’t keen leaving the youngest ! MIL coming to stay at the house so should be fine .

Top Bottom