Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Our daughter or SiL are very good at finding good, cheap holidays.
She is starting a new job soon so decided on a short, sunny break.
Very short notice.....they go this week.
Fuertaventura.
Beach front hotel**
All inclusive
6 nights for 600 quid.
Return flights 50 quid each.
**we know the hotel, its very nice.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Our daughter or SiL are very good at finding good, cheap holidays.
She is starting a new job soon so decided on a short, sunny break.
Very short notice.....they go this week.
Fuertaventura.
Beach front hotel**
All inclusive
6 nights for 600 quid.
Return flights 50 quid each.
**we know the hotel, its very nice.

I booked a week for wifes B/day late March to Fuertaventura also some time ago. After Googling it was about the warmest place in Europe at that time.

Through OnTheBeach (Used 10+ times with no hassle ever) with a small detached 'Villa' at a well rated pace on TripAdvisor, car park at Southend included, transfers to resort both ways too, insurance for both of us - and LESS than £600 the pair !

Cheaper. And warmer than living at home.....

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Back from Kenya, what a fantastic holiday, so many wonderful animals and birds 🦁🦩🐘, and scenery and people (back to work and the weather here is a complete shock).

Knee op next week, then need to start planning the next holiday :biggrin: Sicily and potentially Eastern Canada on table for this year (previous trip was cancelled, victim of pandemic, maybe somewhere exotic at end of year/start of next :becool:

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
Al got a Scandinavian cook book for Christmas. I got over excited and booked Easter in Copenhagen
I also booked May half term Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry with the bikes as DFDS were having an early bird 20% off sale. We intended to bike up to Den Helder, round the coast to Edam then to Leiden and back up to the ferry.

vickster

Legendary Member
Al got a Scandinavian cook book for Christmas. I got over excited and booked Easter in Copenhagen
I also booked May half term Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry with the bikes as DFDS were having an early bird 20% off sale. We intended to bike up to Den Helder, round the coast to Edam then to Leiden and back up to the ferry.

Mmmm cheese

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Back from Kenya, what a fantastic holiday, so many wonderful animals and birds 🦁🦩🐘, and scenery and people (back to work and the weather here is a complete shock).

Knee op next week, then need to start planning the next holiday :biggrin: Sicily and potentially Eastern Canada on table for this year (previous trip was cancelled, victim of pandemic, maybe somewhere exotic at end of year/start of next :becool:

Always fancied kenya and a safari…..maybe when i retire.

Adam4868

Guru
Italy for Milan San Remo bike race in March. Going Friday until Monday,flying to Genoa and managed to bag a 34 pound return flight ! More to spend on drink 😍

Gwylan

Veteran
Italy for Milan San Remo bike race in March. Going Friday until Monday,flying to Genoa and managed to bag a 34 pound return flight ! More to spend on drink 😍

Watch the Euro exchange rate carefully

PK99

Legendary Member

Canadian Maritimes is our agenda in early summer, en route to Edmonton & Vancouver.
Bay of Fundy is a Bucket List must do.

vickster

Legendary Member
Canadian Maritimes is our agenda in early summer, en route to Edmonton & Vancouver.

My 2020 plan was Quebec, Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto, day trip to Niagara. Basically cities

Gwylan

Veteran

More on cheese. The mature cheeses that never get to England. Brace yourself.
I would steer clear of kernmelk.

Bad news is Heineken, just look out for Belgian beers.

Also nice cycle routes. But learn the rules and respect the signals.
Observe the conventions, it's their country.

I worked there off and on for 20 years.

vickster

Legendary Member
To add on the safari front, the Vortex Diamondback HD binoculars and the Panasonic TZ100 camera recommended to me on here were top notch, so thanks!

Attachments

• 82CE810D-84D7-4E99-9DCE-17E8F8630C25.jpeg
    82CE810D-84D7-4E99-9DCE-17E8F8630C25.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 5

steverob

Guru
We were in the Bay of Fundy area (mainly Moncton, NB) in May 2022 and had a fantastic time. However we did notice that some of the more touristy places around that neck of the woods don't fully open until the first week in June, which while it didn't stop us from doing anything we wanted to, we did have to re-work some of our original plans on the fly and maybe do them in a slightly different order.

Top Bottom