Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Clearing out my garage last year I found a helmet I bought in 1983?? Helmets were very much a new thang back then and I'd just had an off resulting in a very bloody head wound (can still feel the lumpy scar). And there was no internet to have endless helmet arguments ;)

It was a funny old thing. No vents. Really chunky straps. Many dead spiders. I chucked it out.

I've said it before but this might be a good time to say it again

The main 2 reasons I wear a helmet are

a) It means that my wife doesn;t worry when I go out on my bikes - and no she doesn;t "do her research" - but if it keep her happier then I get less hassle to buggering off for a few hours which might or might not involve a cafe

b) I can;t stand the thought of coming off my bike and waking up in a hospital bed and seeing her sitting by the side and knowing she will have found out I was not wearing one
The silent condemnation would be too much!

and based on all that - it also means that no complaints are raised when a parcel arrives and she asks "what;s that" and I comment "something for my bike

Apparently they can sometimes prevent head injuries as well probably

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Thanks for all your replies. I've bought another helmet - I now have 5 although I'm getting rid of one as I've had it too long (its probably past its best)

slow horse

I've said it before but this might be a good time to say it again

The main 2 reasons I wear a helmet are

a) It means that my wife doesn;t worry when I go out on my bikes - and no she doesn;t "do her research" - but if it keep her happier then I get less hassle to buggering off for a few hours which might or might not involve a cafe

b) I can;t stand the thought of coming off my bike and waking up in a hospital bed and seeing her sitting by the side and knowing she will have found out I was not wearing one
The silent condemnation would be too much!

and based on all that - it also means that no complaints are raised when a parcel arrives and she asks "what;s that" and I comment "something for my bike

Apparently they can sometimes prevent head injuries as well probably
All in all possibly the best reasoning I've ever heard for wearing a helmet.

Top Bottom