Has anyone tried the latest flavour of Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I had "something" about a month ago; starting with a sore throat worsening towards the end of day one and rapidly progressed into the usual flu-like symptoms that saw me in bed for all of day two with muscle aches / fatigue / congestion. By day three I felt markedly better and was well enough to go to work on day four.

However, while initially happy that this had apparently run its course in about half the time I'd expected, I've since remained fatigued and congested - especially producing a lot of mucus. I've also been craving carb-heavy food and experiencing some digestive issues; however I suspect these might be unrelated.

Has anyone else experienced similar recently? I thought it was just a cold / flu, however given how long some of the symptoms have dragged on for, I'm wondering if it was Covid..

vickster

Legendary Member
I had a grotty cold last month (probably from some random child after returning to school), did two Covid tests, both negative.
Still pondering whether to have the offered jab (had flu stabbage on Monday)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My wife had Covid a couple of weeks ago. The test kit didn't specify the flavour. Took her a week or so before feeling fully well after finally testing negative.

I was fine.

Got my jab tomorrow.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought that I might have caught the new Covid a few weeks ago but I tested negative.

Got my jab tomorrow.
I have had my invites... When they do flu and Covid the same day, I assume that it is 2 separate jabs rather than both vaccines mixed together?

It makes sense to get them done on the same visit to the health centre but I worry that double side effects might be an issue. Last year I had the jabs done a few weeks apart. Has anyone had a problem with having both done together?

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I had "something" about a month ago; starting with a sore throat worsening towards the end of day one and rapidly progressed into the usual flu-like symptoms that saw me in bed for all of day two with muscle aches / fatigue / congestion. By day three I felt markedly better and was well enough to go to work on day four.

However, while initially happy that this had apparently run its course in about half the time I'd expected, I've since remained fatigued and congested - especially producing a lot of mucus. I've also been craving carb-heavy food and experiencing some digestive issues; however I suspect these might be unrelated.

Has anyone else experienced similar recently? I thought it was just a cold / flu, however given how long some of the symptoms have dragged on for, I'm wondering if it was Covid..
I must have had Covid for about 40 years

PK99

Legendary Member

Similar here.
4 weeks ago for a week. Morning OK. By evening temperature 38.5 and feeling very grotty. No cough or chest involvement.
Since then lethargic and fatigued. Spent most of the month pottering round the house or on the sofa.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm wondering if it was Covid.
Did you do a Covid test?

I had similar at the end of August (covid tested negative) but it was the worst I've ever felt in my life, I think it might have been actual 'Flu (which i know everyone uses to describe a bad cold, but this was much worse). I was in bed for a total of 3 weeks; cough, chills, sweats, constant headache and dizziness. I did go the Dr on day 10 and was given antibiotics for a chest infection, but it still took another 10 days until I could actually walk around and do normal things.

Short version - it could have been something like what I had and not Covid

winjim

Smash the cistern
It makes sense to get them done on the same visit to the health centre but I worry that double side effects might be an issue. Last year I had the jabs done a few weeks apart. Has anyone had a problem with having both done together?

I had mine together last year and the year before. It absolutely walloped me, had to take time off work. I've always been fine with the flu jab so I assume it was the covid one that did it. The nurse said they'd had reports of it being a particularly difficult one.

I just make sure I plan to have them at a suitable time when I can schedule the next day off for recovery.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I thought that I might have caught the new Covid a few weeks ago but I tested negative.

I have had my invites... When they do flu and Covid the same day, I assume that it is 2 separate jabs rather than both vaccines mixed together?

I had the double jab for the past two years and no problems, apart from the aching arm muscle as usual.

Emanresu

There seems to be Covid and Flu flying round work.

Three separate households within my family have all reported 'flu' with quite severe reactions. Only one household had Covid test kits which was negative. Seems to be an aggressive strain of flu this year and its not winter yet.

vickster

Legendary Member

Yes, there’s no combined vaccine (yet)

Alex321

Guru

We had the flu jabs on Saturday at the doctr's surgery. They were also doing COVID at trhe same time for naybody over 85, but not younger, even though I thionk anybody entitled to flu jab is also entitled to covid jab.

They said the rest of us would have to use the mass vaccination service for our covid jabs (which was at Barry hospital last year, about half an hour drive as opposed to the 10 minutes to the Doctor's surgery).

vickster

Legendary Member
We had the flu jabs on Saturday at the doctr's surgery. They were also doing COVID at trhe same time for naybody over 85, but not younger, even though I thionk anybody entitled to flu jab is also entitled to covid jab.

They said the rest of us would have to use the mass vaccination service for our covid jabs (which was at Barry hospital last year, about half an hour drive as opposed to the 10 minutes to the Doctor's surgery).

Covid now mostly through pharmacies (at least in England)
Book here https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/cov...ccination-services/book-covid-19-vaccination/

Top Bottom