Has Anyone Set Up and Run a Cycle-to-Work Scheme?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muscleflex

i would think so. if the company is doing it direct, then after you get your agreement form signed, they'll issue the voucher (the bike shop still needs to sign the voucher and send it off to your company to get the full amount) to you direct or they'll order the bike direct and deliver to you...

Muscleflex

got my voucher on monday. it got sent to director at work who set up cycle scheme... it was probably waiting there since last week.
anyway - i got my bike and everything is cool!!! :-)

stevevw said:
Can any of you who have set up a scheme point me in the direction of the agreement forms or examples of.

If the company run the scheme and not a 3rd party I presume that the company get a price for the employee's chosen bike/bikes from the retailer, then once all is agreed pay the invoice direct. No waiting for vouchers etc.

Here's a good example of an agreement.

And yes, if your employer isn't going through a 3rd party, you can just get an invoice from the retailer, for the firm to pay, and then you can pick up your new bike. There's no need to have vouchers or involve 3rd parties at all.

colinr

My employer has said they're happy to do this if I sort out whatever needs to be done.

Question is, do you have to "use" it within a certain amount of time to keep the scheme active, or is it a case of getting on the list and using the scheme as required?

I ask because I'm very tempted to get my n+1 bike but want to leave it a couple of months to see if I still think it's a good idea. If I do, it would be nice to have the scheme in place beforehand.

stevevw

Guru
We have just started the scheme here. Nothing to register all we did was run it past the accountants, modified the forms on the above link and then buy the bike on the company credit card. Job done. So just get the paper work ready get the Ok from accounts / sallery department and wait untill you want to buy.

colinr

I think I've got the wrong stick here... is Cycle to Work different to Cyclescheme? (because that wants me as the 'employer' to register). There's no way I'm sitting on pre-approved paperwork until I'm ready, one bad day and I'll be straight out for a new toy! ;)

stevevw

Guru
I can not see any reason to use a third party as the company ends up doing all the work setting up sallery sacrifice and claiming VAT etc. All they do for the % is supply you with the forms which are easy enough to modify for your company and easily available from the above link. And if you do it yourself you will not be restricted to which retailer you use. Oh and haggle for discount too.

Top Bottom