Grand children.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Don't treat others like your servants.
When you go to the toilet, turn light off on your way out.
Don't use your phone / tablet whilst at the table when we eat.
Learn to say "Please" and "Thank you".

These are simple, easy rules to follow.

I don't think my children would be able to follow those rules to your satisfaction.

All uphill

Still rolling along
We struggled at one stage with our offspring. We asked him what rules should apply to everyone in the family.

He thought about it and came up with a tough set of rules, which he then followed and policed. This approach gave him some authority and autonomy, and let him feel he had a voice.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Have you considered sedating him with some Werthers Originals?

My oldest granddaughter is 17 and her Mum is showing potential suitors a picture of me to scare away the ones she doesn't like.

I can see their point!!!

I think I saw a TV thing about Meatloaf and he was doing the same with his daughter

except that he waited until they came round to pick her up and "had a talk with them" - in full Bat Out of Hell" mode and at high volume

If they still took her out, brought her back in time and asked her out again then he took it as a sign they were serious
apparently his daughter was not impressed

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I can see their point!!!

I think I saw a TV thing about Meatloaf and he was doing the same with his daughter

except that he waited until they came round to pick her up and "had a talk with them" - in full Bat Out of Hell" mode and at high volume

If they still took her out, brought her back in time and asked her out again then he took it as a sign they were serious

If he did that to me, I'd politely tell the daughter the date wasn't happening, and ask him if he wanted to go for a pint instead.

Drago

Legendary Member
I can see their point!!!

I used to make sure I was cleaning my shotgun on the dining room table when the boys arrived for my daughters.

Top Bottom