Getting shouted at

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I like to smile and wave - irritates the life out of them :-)

Blowing a kiss is better, but unfortunately the adrenaline normally makes me forget

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I deliberately ride in my "no I don't pay road tax" T shirt and this sort of thing strangely never happens to me.
Nothing to do with carbon emission tax:
A few times, I did randomly get shouted at while riding on a segregated cycle path.
Once by random white van man, another time by British Gas! :laugh:
No idea what it was all about!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have never had it. I ride thousands of km every year and nobodys ever done it to me. Some once shouted "Good lights" on a dark winters morning. I don't think that counts.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
They're in their big tin padded boxes nice and safe where no one can get to them.
You can bet your ass most wouldn't be so gobby if their victim could get hold of them.
I have to admit though that I did actually start the grief once. Some idiot did their best to overtake me before having to stop at the lights. As I passed I said "That got you far didn't it?" Dunno what he shouted back as he overtook again but I was still smiling about it :giggle:

Last edited:
They're in their big tin padded boxes nice and safe where no one can get to them.
You can bet your ass most wouldn't be so gobby if their victim could get hold of them.
I have to admit though that I did actually start the grief once. Some idiot did their best to overtake me before having to stop at the lights. As I passed I said "That got you far didn't it?" Dunno what he shouted back as he overtook again but I was still smiling about it :giggle:

That also applies when you are driving
an idiot forced his way past me on a dual carridgeway yesterday
there are lots of traffic lights on that bit ( approaching Switch Island for those who know the area)
so I caught up with him at the next red light - and got into the right lane which was ahead of him

He weaved and cut several people up in order to make sure he got ahead of me by the time we reached the M57

I reckon he was swearing at me behind his windows!!!

morons will moron

I find it best just to ignore and carry on riding in Zen mode. Often they are looking for a reaction, even blowing a kiss can be seen as provocation. It’s pretty rare you can work out what the hell they said anyway.

I always find this - especially due to doppler effects and stuff

but reacting is always a risk as we are dealing with idiots so you can;t be sure how they will react

Drago

Legendary Member
What, not even when riding in the UK?

I've never had any real grief while cycling. Closely resembling my avatar pic as I do puts most cowardly car drivers off the thought of having a go.

I've had more sexual harassment from women motorists (you cant blame them, theyre only yuman) than I have nastiness from the loons.

I've never had any real grief while cycling. Closely resembling my avatar pic as I do puts most cowardly car drivers off the thought of having a go.

I've had more sexual harassment from women motorists (you cant blame them, theyre only yuman) than I have nastiness from the loons.

And I would suspect that women get more than the average man

just show that these "people" are cowards and will only yell at people they think cannot retaliate - in spite of them being in a metal box going at least twice as fast!

Bascially we are superior!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

I'm a similar build but have never been shouted at by women.

Every time, it's men.

Perhaps it's the same woman every time - perhaps Thora stalking you?

Not just the aggressive shouting, but anger in general seems to be a UK thing. In other countries, there's just as much chaos, danger, bad driving etc, but it never seems to be accompanied by the same visceral hatred, both to cyclists and other drivers. Much better humoured. At least, that's my impression.

Top Bottom