Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Its Shropshire isn't it :smile:
Nope, Shropshire is too southern.

@roubaixtuesday - nope, it's in England
I thought it might the Wrekin, but that has a mast on it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Okay, it is a sneaky photo for a reason that I won't reveal yet, however I thought the shape of the horizon would be recognisable to someone.

Time for a county clue. Cumbria

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Okay, it is a sneaky photo for a reason that I won't reveal yet, however I thought the shape of the horizon would be recognisable to someone.

Time for a county clue. Cumbria
Because on a map you won't see any water?

I would guess somewhere around Grange-over-Sands and Cartmel, but looking for potentially flooded areas hasn't found it yet.

lazybloke

Sneaky? Interesting
Yes but it's not doctored in any way
Because on a map you won't see any water?

I would guess somewhere around Grange-over-Sands and Cartmel, but looking for potentially flooded areas hasn't found it yet.
Yes it's a (freshwater) flood rather than a lake, and you're looking slightly too far south.

Last edited:

Trickedem

Guru
I thought that the public road clue may have been the M6. I was looking at the various services. with a wooded hill nearby. I am going out now, so expect that someone will find this soon.

lazybloke

I thought that the public road clue may have been the M6. I was looking at the various services. with a wooded hill nearby. I am going out now, so expect that someone will find this soon.
"Public road" wasn't a clue, I was just confirming I was standing on tarmac at the time. And it certainly wasn't a motorway!

Sorry if I've made this too difficult! Obviously time for another clue to narrow the search area.
From a lakeside location I was travelling towards something familiar in this thread - not a lighthouse.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
"Public road" wasn't a clue, I was just confirming I was standing on tarmac at the time. And it certainly wasn't a motorway!

Sorry if I've made this too difficult! Obviously time for another clue to narrow the search area.
From a lakeside location I was travelling towards something familiar in this thread - not a lighthouse.
I was wondering if it might have been taken from somewhere along The Bay Cycle Way... and you clue suggests you're heading towards The Hoad at Ulverston. But from which direction??? I'm taking your 'lakeside' location clue literally and searching around Lakeside... still can't find it though. :blush:

Last edited:

lazybloke

I was wondering if it might have been taken from somewhere along The Bay Cycle Way... and you clue suggests you're heading towards The Hoad at Ulverston. But from which direction??? I'm taking your 'lakeside' location clue literally and searching around Lakeside... still can't find it though. :blush:
Getting v close now. Lakeside to Ulverston gives you my route, but I hadn't got to the Bay Cycleway yet, nor is the photo looking towards it.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I feel sure it must be the Causeway as it heads westwards from Causeway End, so the picture is looking almost due north up the Rusland Valley. The Google images seem to be from 2009 and I can't identify the actual gate, but this could be somewhere close:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I feel sure it must be the Causeway as it heads westwards from Causeway End, so the picture is looking almost due north up the Rusland Valley. The Google images seem to be from 2009 and I can't identify the actual gate, but this could be somewhere close:

View attachment 553159
going closer to the house up the lane gives a better approximation, but alas, I can't find that gate either, or even a different gate with the same stone post and tree/big bush.

Top Bottom