Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goobs

Veteran
Wilkos are doing slime inner tubes for £2.99 each.
I tried them - useless !
You get to pump them up once if you're lucky then the valve gets gunked up. At least it did with the 2 I tried.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I tried them - useless !
You get to pump them up once if you're lucky then the valve gets gunked up. At least it did with the 2 I tried.
I've ridden with slimes for around 9months. Had a puncture on a wiggle ride where I heard a ssssss and then got sprayed in the face with green stuff, the tire sealed, about 10 miles longer another ssss and it sealed again. I finished the ride without stopping.

Only one I needed them, they worked

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
I tried them - useless !

I've ridden with slimes for around 9months. Had a puncture on a wiggle ride where I heard a ssssss and then got sprayed in the face with green stuff, the tire sealed, about 10 miles longer another ssss and it sealed again. I finished the ride without stopping.

Only one I needed them, they worked

Thanks. I know they're not 100% effective against all punctures but they do counteract some which would have forced you to stop and repair/replace the tube.

SeanM

Cheers, mine arrived yesterday, didn't actually see the initial link, i think i'd have preferred Red, over black, but c'est la vie. Very very snug, i plumped for a Medium, as i'm only 5'8 and about 78kg's, it really wouldn't want to be any smaller, and i'd best lay off the chocolate once Summer is over next week.

Don't forget code B16ACC01 "15% off Cycling Accessories at Halfords"

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thanks. I know they're not 100% effective against all punctures but they do counteract some which would have forced you to stop and repair/replace the tube.
I found them useless at road bike pressures, the gunk just blew out before it could seal and made a mess of the tyre.

What about the Bikehut panniers at £15 the pair, if you can find some local stock?
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...egoryId=236256&productId=843001&storeId=10001

thanks @tincaman . ive just reserved some.

tbh, the ncrowd ones will be ok for a bike I have just bought for my daughter. she may or may not use them but for a tenner, they are ok for reserve. the bike hut ones would be a little too big for her at the moment but I will use them on an old mountain bike or the Peugeot I picked up last year.

thanks again.

Top Bottom