Fish fingers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fish fingers should be served - or more accurately dished up - with chips and peas

plus tomato Ketchup
having them without Ketchup should be illegal
Can't stand tomato ketchup myself.

I love well done fish finger butties. Mushy peas and chips are good options as is mayo or tatare sauce.
Only heathens (and Widnes Scouses) would even dream of adding tomato sauce.
Edit
Done on a bbq are super nice.

You are very well aware that I am not a Scouser

I come from the Wirral - NOT Liverpool
never even lived in the place!!!

As my Mum would have been proud to note!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I were a lad, many moons ago, fish fingers, fishcakes, too, were covered in a virtually iridescent bright orange coating of dyed bread crumbs!
At least the colour is a bit less chemical based now 😂

All right....... Plastic Scouser then ^_^

Thank you

little note - when I was a teacher in Rhyl (a well know suburb of central Liverpool!) a Year 7 or 8 class (i.e. aged 11 or 12) were curious (pause) about where I came from

Some reckoned I was a Scouser - which I denied
but the more Welsh ones said I sounded Scouse

I mentioned that I was born and brought up on the Wirral - turned out a contingent was also brought up in that area and started chanting "Plastic Scousers Plastic Scousers"
which was weird!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
my local chippery does a good fish finger butty, although it's fish goujons rather than proper fish fingers, on a bed of mushy peas with tartar sauce. If I'm making my own it's with either mayo or ketchup, but never both.

vickster

Legendary Member
my local chippery does a good fish finger butty, although it's fish goujons rather than proper fish fingers, on a bed of mushy peas with tartar sauce. If I'm making my own it's with either mayo or ketchup, but never both.

Both would be pink prawn cocktail sauce :biggrin:

grldtnr

Über Member
Seeing as thread is about Fish finger butties, I shall excuse myself forthwith from it.
Being a very unposh southerner, blatantly holds no interest to me.

Mrs M

Guru
Wee evening snack 😀

Attachments

• IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom