Electric cars.. Nothing new

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Apparently the London black cabs were originally designed so a 'gentleman' could wear his topper inside said cab - ! ^_^
Wonder if that's still the criteria - ? :whistle:

Probably, just in case Accy goes to the Capital :okay:

DRM

Guru
Shame really as that would have been ideal entry point for the Saltaire tunnel which would take through traffic away from Shipley and saltaire.
I doubt that re rail terminal will reduce traffic in these two town/ villages...

Traffic really is horrendous out to Shipley, it’s about a 20 mile trip for me, yet takes about 1.25 hours up the M606, Wakefield Rd, Canal Rd eventually out to Shipley, to put it in to context I can be in Darlington in a similar time, it doesn’t help that there’s this ridiculous car culture in Bradford, where every house seems to have 2 or 3 cars, they brought the clean air zone in that targets vans and lorries, delivering goods and services, yet clapped out old diesels with the fuel pump cranked up can drive round belching black fumes out Willy nilly

Jameshow

Veteran
Traffic really is horrendous out to Shipley, it’s about a 20 mile trip for me, yet takes about 1.25 hours up the M606, Wakefield Rd, Canal Rd eventually out to Shipley, to put it in to context I can be in Darlington in a similar time, it doesn’t help that there’s this ridiculous car culture in Bradford, where every house seems to have 2 or 3 cars, they brought the clean air zone in that targets vans and lorries, delivering goods and services, yet clapped out old diesels with the fuel pump cranked up can drive round belching black fumes out Willy nilly

I know tell me about it ..

I've moved into Shipley / Saltaire boarder ring I bells if you know it..

Traffic is awful needs a tunnel or a boarded road to take traffic through...

Many houses in Bradford are three generational so that's a reason why!

CXRAndy

Guru

I know tell me about it ..

I've moved into Shipley / Saltaire boarder ring I bells if you know it..

Traffic is awful needs a tunnel or a boarded road to take traffic through...

Many houses in Bradford are three generational so that's a reason why!

I used to live in Keighley in my teens, even back then traffic around Shipley/Bradford/Leeds all surrounding conurbations was terribly busy. The whole of Bradford is pretty much lawless re car insurance.

My sister lives in Guiseley, when I visit I go into the Wharfe valley via Wetherby to steer clear of entering from Bradford/Leeds side for obvious reasons- it still busy, but far nicer to pass through

DRM

Guru
Not any old car. A prestigious German car to demonstrate to the world they’re doing well. Even if they put part-worn tyres on them.

And a dodgy MOT

Top Bottom