Eh - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
These bike thefts beg the question, where would these bikes be sold?
They are obviously quite recognizable with reasonably high end equipment.
Are they pinched to order and shipped out of the country like high end vehicles?
They aren't exactly the sort of things that would be found on certain auction sites or the local markets

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
These bike thefts beg the question, where would these bikes be sold?
They are obviously quite recognizable with reasonably high end equipment.
Dismantled to sell as parts is my expectation. Are Ribble frames rare enough to attract attention if sold as bare frames?

Alex321

Guru
As a former hotelier, I've been asked and been happy with guests keeping their expensive bikes in their rooms overnight. ^_^
As long as they weren't dripping mud, grease etc., not an issue as far as I was concerned. :okay:

The issue here of course, is hat there will be 2-3 bikes per rider, and I believe the riders normally share rooms, so you are loking at getting 4-6 bikes into each room. Not many hotel rooms will be big enough for that to be reasonable.

As a former hotelier, I've been asked and been happy with guests keeping their expensive bikes in their rooms overnight. ^_^
As long as they weren't dripping mud, grease etc., not an issue as far as I was concerned. :okay:

Do you know for a fact that all hotels do this?
[incidentally the bikes will probably be clean, but dripping wet from being jet-washed when they want to put them away]

Bristolian

Two in 2017, one so far in 2024. Could be regularly every seven years :rolleyes:

I like regular :thumbsup: ^_^

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Do you know for a fact that all hotels do this?
Unlikely. My experience in the business ended over twenty years ago. Even the same chain of hotels will have different 'policies' within their group. If you're lucky, the manager may be a fellow cyclist - ! :whistle:
Having said that, about fifteen years back, I was doing a Class 2 HGV course away from home. The reception supervisor was happy for me to stow my bike behind a curtain at the back of Reception, so you can never tell - ! :okay:

Top Bottom