Eh - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Apparently, one of the British Women's cycling teams recently had fourteen of their bikes worth about £55,000 stolen from their mechanic's workshop van overnight.
Did they not think about active guarding for such a valuable cargo - ? Would have been a lot cheaper than the cost of the stolen bikes. :whistle:

Slick

Guru
I didn't realise they were competing in Liverpool. :crazy:

screenman

Legendary Member
It is a shame that we have to lock things up at all, also that it may well be cyclist that are involved somewhere down the line.

scragend

It was after Stage 1 of the Tour of Britain. Other teams lent them bikes so that they could start Stage 2 and they got some replacement bikes there in time for Stage 3.

I was surprised that they just leave bikes in a van overnight. Do all teams do that?

Apparently, one of the British Women's cycling teams recently had fourteen of their bikes worth about £55,000 stolen from their mechanic's workshop van overnight.
Did they not think about active guarding for such a valuable cargo - ? Would have been a lot cheaper than the cost of the stolen bikes. :whistle:

Have you seriously not heard of this happening before?

It's happened to plenty of men's teams too.

Drago

Legendary Member
Where else will they put them?

scragend

It's not about where else they put them - the original question posed was do they not have security guarding them?

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's not about where else they put them - the original question posed was do they not have security guarding them?
How much pay would persuade you to spend nights watching bikes with a near certainty of boredom most nights and a small risk of some night being outnumbered by a gang of thieves, possibly armed?

scragend

How much pay would persuade you to spend nights watching bikes with a near certainty of boredom most nights and a small risk of some night being outnumbered by a gang of thieves, possibly armed?

Professional security companies exist, so I'd hire one of them instead.

Top Bottom