eBay banning private sales of e-bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Facebook has a dating service as well?!

Is there any pie that Zuckerberg doesn't have a finger in?
Dating service and Zuckerberg getting his finger in are two images I really did not need linked. 🤮 Pass the mindbleach!

But no, Zuck seems to want facebook to do it all, just like Musk with twiX. He just doesn't shout it as much or intrude as much, which might mean he's even more dangerous.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Interesting to see ebay taking this position; however it seems somewhat misguided since (assuming they're motivated by the safety angle) I'd expect the raft of brand new, cheap Chinese tat to be far more suspect.

Maybe in that case they're happy to continue under the assumption that business sellers will assume liability in the event of an issue..

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dadam

Ăśber Member
Interesting to see ebay taking this position; however it seems somewhat misguided since (assuming they're motivated by the safety angle) I'd expect the raft of brand new, cheap Chinese tat to be far more suspect.
Precisely
Maybe in that case they're happy to continue under the assumption that business seller will assume liability in the event of an issue..
A flaky assumption if so. They're not going to be able to chase companies based in the PRC through courts, and if they throw them off the platform they'll pop up under a different name the next day.

My take, it's like all large corporations, "be seen to be doing something", regardless if that something solves the problem or is even well thought out.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Precisely

A flaky assumption if so. They're not going to be able to chase companies based in the PRC through courts, and if they throw them off the platform they'll pop up under a different name the next day.

My take, it's like all large corporations, "be seen to be doing something", regardless if that something solves the problem or is even well thought out.

Yeah, it's probably just PR-facing posturing.

Top Bottom