Drago's now traditional Winter 2024-25 murder deathkill slaughter annihilation apocalypse chaos mayhem insanity nastiness weather thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ah, that's what Ming really looks like.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Was quite fresh outside last night at 1.40am (when i was pottering about with the astrophotography mode on the phone). Definitely a slight nip in the air.

Mostly sun today, until i started trimming the hedge, at which point the heavens opened. First with heavy rain, then hail, making the Surrey Hills look like this.
1000015811.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Was quite fresh outside last night at 1.40am (when i was pottering about with the astrophotography mode on the phone). Definitely a slight nip in the air.

Mostly sun today, until i started trimming the hedge, at which point the heavens opened. First with heavy rain, then hail, making the Surrey Hills look like this.
View attachment 745055

Has Surrey relocated to an island in Antarctica?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Snow never used to keep me off the bike or stop me riding to work. Indeed, it's a rare chance to practice certain clipped-in skills you'd never get to rehearse anywhere else unless you owned a skating rink.

I've got a 'snow bike' it was a 'jump' bike with disc brakes but a few mods* means it handled snow fantastically

* really aggressive knobbly tyres with the rear being a 2.25 and flat MTB pedals. it already had a handbuilt 600mm seatpost, Truvativ crank and better flatbars with trigger shifters but was still too heavy, commuting in snow was where it came into its own.

Alex321

Guru
I had to scrape ice off the car windscreen at 7AM today.

I don't remember doing that in September before.

It was 4°C when I left, dropped briefly to 3°, but then was up to 8° by the time I reached the office

Top Bottom