DJI enter Ebike market

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a big part of the problem. They've bought the bike, therefore they are going to use it.
"If it can be bought, it can't be illegal!"

You might not believe me but I agree.

I've already had one post removed today for being political, it makes it difficult to make a point unless I include a bicycle. I'll say this, if a device is being sold that is used to kill people, surely that device should be prevented from being sold or at least sellers regulated and buyers registered at purchase point.

classic33

Leg End Member
You might not believe me but I agree.

I've already had one post removed today for being political, it makes it difficult to make a point unless I include a bicycle. I'll say this, if a device is being sold that is used to kill people, surely that device should be prevented from being sold or at least sellers regulated and buyers registered at purchase point.
I feel that the behaviour of the people riding these type of bikes will end up with increased regulation for all cyclists. As well as increased calls for us to be taken off the roads. Political suicide, not from the results seen so far in Ireland.

classic33

Leg End Member
1721659393867.png

One coming off the pavement, lights against him, but he's on his mobile.
The second, up by the bollard on Briggate.

I feel that the behaviour of the people riding these type of bikes will end up with increased regulation for all cyclists. As well as increased calls for us to be taken off the roads. Political suicide, not from the results seen so far in Ireland.

I read this today https://archive.is/xHscz (E-bikes to be banned by employers after dozens of battery fires) My employer had already banned ebikes from the premises due to a fire. Luckily I WFH.

View attachment 738485
One coming off the pavement, lights against him, but he's on his mobile.
The second, up by the bollard on Briggate.

90 degrees right and they'd be all clustered there.

When you have this sort of e-bike being ridden on the pavement, it sorta makes you think twice.
View attachment 738475
Also the numerous "workarounds" advocated for, even on here. Up the power limit, deregulate the electrics. In the most basic terms riding an illegal vehicle, often ridden by people that are under age. Would you put up with illegal cars being driven on the pavements? The drivers feeling that you, as a pedestrian, should get out of their way?
Just to keep up the pretence that the person is cycling.

But that is not a legal ebike
It might be able to claim it is by pushing the meaning of the regulation and bending then to breaking points
but if that is the case then the regulation need tightening or clarifying

It is actually not illegal to sell powerful ebikes. It is only illegal to use them.

Maybe it should be - although how you do that is a different question
the same point can be made about e-ecooters
but I have got fed up complaining to Groupon about the ads they have for them - I once got them to add a very small thing on it saying they could only be used in private places
but that was all

I even tried writing to the counsel and my MP!

there is one there now but it just seems pointless

Top Bottom