Derailleur protector for P line brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TC99

Regular
I like my P Line. Nice and shiny. The rear derailleur looks a bit vulnerable if crashed though. Is there a derailleur protector made for the Brompton that will fit the mounting holes there?

mitchibob

Über Member
I've had a few crashes. Derailleur fine. Chain tensioner too. Never considered it to be particularly vulnerable, compared to damage done to own body.

ExBrit

Über Member
I like my P Line. Nice and shiny. The rear derailleur looks a bit vulnerable if crashed though. Is there a derailleur protector made for the Brompton that will fit the mounting holes there?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Replacing the derailer isn't expensive and it isn't as vulnerable as you might think. Enjoy your ride. It's a fascinating bike.

brommieinkorea

Finally got a good close up look at the new P line at Brompton Junction Kobe. The rear end seems to be an improvement. I didn't think the derailleur stuck out, at least not compared to normal derailleur bikes. I've crashed an S6R and didn't damage anything in the drivetrain, you'll be fine. This is not a suggestion that you go crash testing your bike.

Top Bottom