Dauphine 2024 issue with coverage - HELP!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I meant it wasn't on Eurosport 1 or Eurosport 2, but you could stream it thru Disco+ App, I just pressed the down arrow and few times on the home screen and found it.... but I'm not thru Amazon, I just have the app on my smartTV, like an iPlayer etc
Even then, from what others have posted during the Giro, I think the discovery apps vary more between different TVs than better apps like iPlayer.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Even then, from what others have posted during the Giro, I think the discovery apps vary more between different TVs than better apps like iPlayer.

The Discovery + app as it appears on the sky q box is definitely nowhere near as polished as other big apps like netflix. It has a cheap and kludgy feel. But it works.

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
The Discovery + app as it appears on the sky q box is definitely nowhere near as polished as other big apps like netflix. It has a cheap and kludgy feel. But it works.

Must admit as there wasn't a highlights package on Eurosport for stage 1 (wall to wall tennis on both Eurosport channels) I took a trip to Discovery+.

After it made me sign in and go through the bar code thingy for the umpteenth time I sat down to watch the stage.

Not wanting to or having the time to watch all two hours of the programme I fast forwarded an hour only to be met with a "revolving buffering circle" for a good few minutes.

I gave up in the end, if streaming is the future of TV you can keep it!

Alex321

Guru
When you say its not on the channel what do you mean ?
The live and upcoming just shows every match at Roland Garros until Wednesday.

We have the Standard 6.99 subscription for Discovery Plus

You need to select cycling after selecting sport. Then it will show live and upcoming (and "latest" for those recently finished) for cycling events.

If you just leave it on the generic sports, it will only show what it considers the most "important" sports.

That is using the discovery+ app via Roku streaming device, it is just possible it isn't the same through Amazon.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You need to select cycling after selecting sport. Then it will show live and upcoming (and "latest" for those recently finished) for cycling events.

If you just leave it on the generic sports, it will only show what it considers the most "important" sports.

That is using the discovery+ app via Roku streaming device, it is just possible it isn't the same through Amazon.

Thanks Alex, we tried that too. Every which-way without luck :-(

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Must admit as there wasn't a highlights package on Eurosport for stage 1 (wall to wall tennis on both Eurosport channels) I took a trip to Discovery+.

After it made me sign in and go through the bar code thingy for the umpteenth time I sat down to watch the stage.

Not wanting to or having the time to watch all two hours of the programme I fast forwarded an hour only to be met with a "revolving buffering circle" for a good few minutes.

I gave up in the end, if streaming is the future of TV you can keep it!

Fast forward is a major point of kunkiness. Leave aside it doesn't have a preview on screen like all other apps, I often run into the same revolving buffer thing. I found you have to sneak up on it by not fast forwarding too far at a go. I think maybe the tapes get tangled up if you wind them too fast ;)

D+ in a web browser and the android app both feel a bit less kludgy than the sky box app but they definitely got it all developed on the cheap by Joe's App Shack.

Last edited:

tarric

Über Member
We have it through Amazon Prime on the TV so i have no separate login for the web address
I have know idea how it works with amazon, I have it as a freebie through sky. To access Discovery+ I just open the discovery app scroll down to sports on the left side and the scroll across to cycling which brings up all the cycling content starting with whats upcoming, highlight the live event I want and press start.

P.S. If you you have access to the website, which is easier to navigate, you can always cast it to you're tv.

Last edited:
I have been trying to watch using the Eurosport channels via teh Sky box

we pay for the extra channels

Bl***y aweful coverage
starts at some random point in the race - with no intro showing the stage just strainght into commentary - who don;t seem to know we have suddenly joined

OK - not terrible - but I had no clue who was in it and had to pick up the names as they got mentioned

a couple of days ago I started stage 2
hadn;t recorded - in spite of having a series link
tried the Stage 3 - which had been recorded for some reason and I started it - tennis
more tennis
got 10 minutes in and it was obvious that it was going to be tennis all the way down

managed to find it on catch up
started watching it
and it stopped about 10 km out from the finish

Oh good - great service Eurosport
I eventually I found it on ITV4 and got the whole thing - plus stage 2

sent a complaint to Eurosport - email address was an invalid address - saw the problems ( a space in the address) so I sent it to several different addresses that were similar - plus the world wide address

all failed due to email loops on their end

what a useless service!!!

• Wow
Reactions: mjr

tarric

Über Member
I have been trying to watch using the Eurosport channels via teh Sky box

we pay for the extra channels

Bl***y aweful coverage
starts at some random point in the race - with no intro showing the stage just strainght into commentary - who don;t seem to know we have suddenly joined

OK - not terrible - but I had no clue who was in it and had to pick up the names as they got mentioned

a couple of days ago I started stage 2
hadn;t recorded - in spite of having a series link
tried the Stage 3 - which had been recorded for some reason and I started it - tennis
more tennis
got 10 minutes in and it was obvious that it was going to be tennis all the way down

managed to find it on catch up
started watching it
and it stopped about 10 km out from the finish

Oh good - great service Eurosport
I eventually I found it on ITV4 and got the whole thing - plus stage 2

sent a complaint to Eurosport - email address was an invalid address - saw the problems ( a space in the address) so I sent it to several different addresses that were similar - plus the world wide address

all failed due to email loops on their end

what a useless service!!!
Do you have a sky subscription, if you do discovery plus is a free add-on. I had a GCN subscription but when sky offered discovery plus free I swapped over the coverage is pretty much the same, For most off the races outside the Grand Tours and Classics they don't show start to finish coverage just the last hour and a half or so. The coverage usually starts with quick summery of what has happened so far before going over to the live feed. The app can be a bit fiddly at first but once you get used to it it's pretty easy to navigate to the cycling and watch either the live showings or the replays of the latest races or highlights of the same plus a whole plethora of other cycling.

Do you have a sky subscription, if you do discovery plus is a free add-on. I had a GCN subscription but when sky offered discovery plus free I swapped over the coverage is pretty much the same, For most off the races outside the Grand Tours and Classics they don't show start to finish coverage just the last hour and a half or so. The coverage usually starts with quick summery of what has happened so far before going over to the live feed. The app can be a bit fiddly at first but once you get used to it it's pretty easy to navigate to the cycling and watch either the live showings or the replays of the latest races or highlights of the same plus a whole plethora of other cycling.

Thanks - wasn;t aware of that - will look it up

Chislenko

Veteran

Just slightly off topic it is quite annoying that Sky Q is "locked" to apps other than what they put on there

Chislenko

Veteran
Quite dismayed last night watching the highlights of the Tour de Suisse on Discovery+ to find adverts in the programme.

I honestly thought the point of paying for subscription TV was that you paid the premium to do away with adverts.

It doesn't help matters when fast forwarding on Discovery+ is such a hit and miss function as you have no indication of how much to fast forward and have to take pot luck as to when to resume.

Quite dismayed last night watching the highlights of the Tour de Suisse on Discovery+ to find adverts in the programme.

I honestly thought the point of paying for subscription TV was that you paid the premium to do away with adverts.

It doesn't help matters when fast forwarding on Discovery+ is such a hit and miss function as you have no indication of how much to fast forward and have to take pot luck as to when to resume.

You poor deluded innocent!

You probably also believe that when Heinz put "New Improved Recipe" on a tin of soup that it is bound to taste nicer??

Bless

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom