Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Mountain

• Feeder

• Primus

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I must admit that after much angst I voted for Rush. Geddy and the Professor are/were in a class of their own, and Lifeson is no mean axeman.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SouCSF45K48&pp=ygUNUnVzaCB5eXogbGl2ZQ%3D%3D

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

This is where the quirk of what constitutes a proper 3 piece kicks in.
Whilst there are 3 members who all play instruments, they tend to have a few others on stage during live performances.
I doubt they could recreate their sound without input from others.
Mix Master Mike being one of the key extras, he’s even the 4th member in your video.

AndyRM

XOXO
This is where the quirk of what constitutes a proper 3 piece kicks in.
Whilst there are 3 members who all play instruments, they tend to have a few others on stage during live performances.
I doubt they could recreate their sound without input from others.
Mix Master Mike being one of the key extras, he’s even the 4th member in your video.

Well yeah, but then none of the artists on here could really.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well yeah, but then none of the artists on here could really.

Rush, Cream, JHE, Muse, all play(ed) as trios live and there was nothing small or lacking in their live presence.

Hell, Geddy Lee sings the songs and plays bass as well as keyboards. He even has a special keyboard he can play with his feet if he is too busy playing bass and singing to use a regular keyboard.

richardfm

Veteran
Rush, Cream, JHE, Muse, all play(ed) as trios live and there was nothing small or lacking in their live presence.

Hell, Geddy Lee sings the songs and plays bass as well as keyboards. He even has a special keyboard he can play with his feet if he is too busy playing bass and singing to use a regular keyboard.
So did Motorhead, Rory Gallagher and The Pirates...I know because I 've seen all of them.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My old feller remembers seeing them as Johnny Kidd and the Pirates.

AndyRM

XOXO

I wasn't thinking about live performances particularly to be honest. All the production/mixing etc which goes into creating the sound... Actually I'm boring myself with this level of pendantry so I'll leave it.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
What about the ultimate supergroup, Rod, Jane and Freddy from Rainbow

82ef8785939e796026712d73f03120b5.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Last edited:
Top Bottom