Cartoons we need em . post your favourites here .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
463181868_363828846813772_8483681742513435505_n.jpg

Retyred.life

Über Member

classic33

Leg End Member
463217259_122120119706473918_603926861007526871_n.jpg

After the successful launch of Tesla Optimus last week, today Tesla launched Haggimus. It is the hope that these new Ai robots will be able to enter the Haggi population and monitor on a level never seen before. Researchers want to have greater knowledge and understanding of how the Haggi operate in the wild, and with the incredible Haggimus this will now be possible.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
When I was working in a very technical part of an IT department we did some comms work

my boss generally tested whether or not a cable was working and receiving data by putting the send and receive data cable on his tongue
he claimed to know what data was on the line but he was the master of bull**** so I didn;t believe him - quite

A friend had a story along those lines. Someone came to him at work asking him to get his micrometer and measure a part he'd brought along. "Don't need a bloomin' micrometer. Give it 'ere" . He held the component between finger and thumb and pronounced it was one inch and 125 thou' " The visitor remonstrated with him to stop messing about and measure it properly to no avail, so went to find someone more helpful. Sure enough, upon measurement it was indeed 1.125" bang on. Soon it was all around the factory that the guy could measure to a thou' tolerance just with his fingers. Of course, the truth of the story was my mate had recognised the part as a bush off a Mini suspension and knew the size as he'd made one at work for his own Mini a few weeks previously. He never let on.

Well acksherly ...

In the early days of electricl physics, they hadn't invented Voltmeters and the like. But still wanted to measure voltage. So guess what they did?
The tongue would be reserved for very low voltages - to give extra sensitivity - and fingers etc for big stuff.

(I think it did help Cavendish go mad, IIRC the correct mad scientist ... )

Top Bottom