Can helmets make things worse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Wigsie said:
:becool:;) :becool::laugh: Rando is on fire with google images this evening (afternoon in BC).

Coming to you live from Rando HQ, in Leftern Canuckistan ...
Bringing you all the news that you can use ... or not ...

It's VeloWeb!

cafeHQ.jpg

While you're snoozin', we're cruizin'!

(Note that the iron cyclist outside is contravening the law, while public chess is tolerated.)

Crackle said:
No it's not, sorry but it's not. I'd take a neck injury over a head injury anytime.

You don't realise how much your neck does until you damage it!
I haven't been able to sleep properly since being hit by a car 5 years ago, or keeping my head in one position to watch films or tv, my side took the impact, my neck probably would have jolted further if my head had something bigger on it.
I'd maybe wear a thinner, all round - skater type helmet if it would actually help in most situations.

Cunobelin said:
Your choice, but that does not invalidate their anecdotal evidence.

Mebbe, I quite believe semi's post. If you take such anecdotal evidence as valid then you have to take other anecdotal evidence with the same weight.

Crackle said:
Mebbe, I quite believe semi's post. If you take such anecdotal evidence as valid then you have to take other anecdotal evidence with the same weight.

Which is the problem with anecdotal evidence...

There is a tendency to give credence and validity if it suits the agenda and there is no evidence involved

Anecdote 1 - I fell off my bike, hit my head and my helmet saved my life

Proves that helmets are essential safety items

Anecdote 2 - I fell off my bike and didn't bang my head, but broke my elbow

Proves that elbow protection is essential

Anecdote only refers to a single set of circumstances and is hence limited in its use and / or validity if applied to other areas or events.

Top Bottom