Bloomin' bikes with wild flowers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That's a lovely pic , @PeteXXX .

Not so impressive, but saw these growing on chalk up on the top of the North Downs. Wondering what they are... i can get no further than 'looks sort of like penstemon'
1000014149.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not sure, possibly a garden escapee, but it sure is purdee....

It was quite a distance from any gardens.. Possibly wind blown seed?
It looked like it was part of the bramble, too, but it was a bit pointy to disentangle it!

Windle

Über Member
Not sure what it is, the wife knows flowers, I don't. Along the cycle path between the A6072 Heighington bypass and the B6444 that goes down to the station / industrial estates.

GOPR1078.JPG

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Not sure what it is, the wife knows flowers, I don't. Along the cycle path between the A6072 Heighington bypass and the B6444 that goes down to the station / industrial estates.

View attachment 741019

Tree on the right is a field maple & I suspect the yellow flower is a St John's Wort

Windle

Über Member
The wife and I had a walk round Auckland Castle park a couple of weeks ago, taking a different route in from usual, via Durham road and spotted huge swathes of tall plants with orchid like pink flowers (various shades even down to nearly white) in the woods. A quick google turned nothing up but I later found out it was Himalayan Balsam, which is an invasive species! It was certainly taking over in there.

Top Bottom