Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
My latest Caledonian expedition -

The Tennant is quite mildly flavoured, very easy drinking but quality special might be overdoing it a bit. 😂

Hoppyness is medium flavoured for a newer style IPA, goes down very nicely.

IMG_20241004_205135.jpg

IMG_20241003_183616.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If at first you don't succeedle, trifle and trifle again.
20241009_222900.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I found myself in the Stowmarket 'Spoons on Monday where, as a rule, all they seem to have as guest beers is Greene king IPA or Doom Bar so I stick to Brewdog. This time they has something called Ishii Orihime pale ale which despite the Japanese name was brewed specially for JDW in the UK according to the small print on the pump label. Edit - brewed by Banks's Brewery
Normally I'd have one or two pints of the cask stuff and then go back to Brewdog, but this stuff was so nice I had three - all at £!.79 per pint!

Windle

Über Member
I found myself in the Stowmarket 'Spoons on Monday where, as a rule, all they seem to have as guest beers is Greene king IPA or Doom Bar so I stick to Brewdog. This time they has something called Ishii Orihime pale ale which despite the Japanese name was brewed specially for JDW in the UK according to the small print on the pump label. Edit - brewed by Banks's Brewery
Normally I'd have one or two pints of the cask stuff and then go back to Brewdog, but this stuff was so nice I had three - all at £!.79 per pint!

The autumn beer festival is on at the moment so they've got an even bigger selection of cask beers on than normal, including five from overseas brewers. I may have sampled a few over the past week 🍻.
The stand-out one this time for me is Yazoo brewery's All Dog Alert stout, although it's heavy duty so you'd not want to have many of them.
I've ticked twenty of the thirty available off since last Wednesday, halves or thirds I hasten to add, I'm not a complete inebriate.

Top Bottom