Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Selection from trip to Belgium yesterday & today ... 👍

1000004068.jpg

1000004124.jpg

1000004133.jpg

1000004136.jpg

stephec

Squire
This week I've been north of the border again, specifically up in Ellon the home of Brewdog, and I picked this lot up in the local Aldi.

Strata - punches well above it's abv with plenty of flavour.

Perfect Storm - another winner from Williams Bros who rarely seem to disappoint, 'brewed for Aldi in Scotland,' in the small print means that you're unlikely to see it anywhere else unfortunately.

The two lagers are lovely copies of German beers with a light delicate flavour, why do we have crap like Carling and Fosters when these prove that we can make quality stuff instead?

Fierce - a bit too hazy and harsh for me.

Juice Tyger - the pick of the bunch, way too easy drinking for 7.4%

I also found a bottle of Orval in a local shop, first time I've seen one for ages so I had to buy it. 😊🍻

IMG_20240903_224459.jpg

IMG_20240905_212437.jpg

IMG_20240905_212458.jpg

IMG_20240907_091505.jpg

IMG_20240907_091527.jpg

stephec

Squire
This week's selection comes from Home Bargains.

First up is Free Star, an alcohol free which is so good that if you were told it was a 4.0% session beer you'd believe it, even better is that it's only 39p a can.

Next is something a bit more powerful at 6.6%, nicely balanced towards the slightly bitter side, and goes down very easily, another bargain at £5.99 for six bottles.

IMG_20240910_215522.jpg

stephec

Squire
One more, nothing special about this one as it's rather bland, it's not that there's anything wrong with it just that there's nothing that makes it stand out.

And apologies for the glass but I was in a hotel a mile away from the Brewdog Brewery, and at £6.50 for a pint of Punk I assumed that I was buying the glass as well.

IMG_20240913_214943.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hobgoblin Ruby red ale tonight,Two pints well i deserve them,i have been to Manchester decorating.Accy is that a good pint.The red is my favourite at the moment.

I don't know Postie, I don't think I've tried it before. I'll report back when I've tried that bottle. :okay:

stephec

Squire
One of my favourites in another borrowed glass from the New Inn in Ellon.

Speaking of Brewdog they've once again brought back Jackhammer for yet another, 'limited time only,' it's had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra.

It's my favourite all time beer, but now they want £4 a can for it so unless it appears in the supermarkets on offer I think I might have to give it a miss this time.

IMG_20240922_215441.jpg

Windle

Über Member
A half of Holy Island Bitter from the Alnwick brewery and a half of Hack the Mainframe stout from the Wensleydale brewery, pictured in a quiet Quakerhouse, in a very rainy Darlington this afternoon whilst waiting for the wife to finish raking round the shops. I didn't just have them, more were sampled too as we'd arrived via omnibus (well, Weardale Travel Optare Solo to be precise) 🍻.

GOPR1282.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom